Thread: Warriors and Raptors

Warriors and Raptors

A fun 2-game test against the clear favorite in the NBA (Golden State) and the team with the best record (Toronto). Still no Draymond Green, but Curry is back and playing very well. As for Sunday, Kawhi and Giannis missed the first meeting, so more intrigue in this game. Sounds like Middleton and Ilyasova will be back tonight.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...le/2239475002/

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2018-19-week-9

Nice win over Toronto. Brogdon clutch down the stretch with two big shots. He is 4th in the NBA in 3-point % at 48% on 98 attempts. Golden State is still the team to beat, and they get Draymond Green and DeMarcus Cousins back soon. Heard Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal say there are 4 contenders in the East: Toronto, Milwaukee, Boston and Philly. Boston seems to be underperforming. I would imagine they will get it together.

The trade for George Hill, and cap flexibility it brings, seems to indicate the plan is to re-sign Middleton (27), Brogdon (25) and possibly Bledsoe (29) as well. They have Bird Rights for all three players. Bledsoe seems like a different player this year, really playing well in Budenholzer's system.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2018-19-week-9

Nice win over Toronto. Brogdon clutch down the stretch with two big shots. He is 4th in the NBA in 3-point % at 48% on 98 attempts. Golden State is still the team to beat, and they get Draymond Green and DeMarcus Cousins back soon. Heard Charles Barkley and Shaquille O'Neal say there are 4 contenders in the East: Toronto, Milwaukee, Boston and Philly. Boston seems to be underperforming. I would imagine they will get it together.

The trade for George Hill, and cap flexibility it brings, seems to indicate the plan is to re-sign Middleton (27), Brogdon (25) and possibly Bledsoe (29) as well. They have Bird Rights for all three players. Bledsoe seems like a different player this year, really playing well in Budenholzer's system.
    Bledsoe is playing well, but is he doing it because it is his contract year or because of the system?

Bucks are a fun team to watch, and right now I think they are as good as any team in the East.
    The Hill trade does set them up well for this off season, and they have to make it count to ensure keeping Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Bledsoe is playing well, but is he doing it because it is his contract year or because of the system?

Bucks are a fun team to watch, and right now I think they are as good as any team in the East.
    The Hill trade does set them up well for this off season, and they have to make it count to ensure keeping Giannis.
    Good point Goose. That can always be a concern in professional sports. I heard that after the trade last year, his wife and child/children stayed in the Phoenix area. Now, they are in Milwaukee and have settled in. Not to play sports psychologist, but Bledsoe (and the team) just seems to be having fun. Reminds me of the 2000-01 season with Cassell, Allen and Big Dog. Although this team is deeper and more balanced.

Players in Atlanta (Korver, Horford, etc) attested to how much Budenholzer helped develop and expand their games. I can't help but think he has had a positive impact on Bledsoe's game. Love his improved playmaking and 3-point shooting. Brook Lopez is also on a 1-year deal (bi-annual exception). So Middleton, Brogdon, Bledsoe and Lopez will all be due for new deals. It will be interesting to see what the Bucks want and are able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good point Goose. That can always be a concern in professional sports. I heard that after the trade last year, his wife and child/children stayed in the Phoenix area. Now, they are in Milwaukee and have settled in. Not to play sports psychologist, but Bledsoe (and the team) just seems to be having fun. Reminds me of the 2000-01 season with Cassell, Allen and Big Dog. Although this team is deeper and more balanced.

Players in Atlanta (Korver, Horford, etc) attested to how much Budenholzer helped develop and expand their games. I can't help but think he has had a positive impact on Bledsoe's game. Love his improved playmaking and 3-point shooting. Brook Lopez is also on a 1-year deal (bi-annual exception). So Middleton, Brogdon, Bledsoe and Lopez will all be due for new deals. It will be interesting to see what the Bucks want and are able to do.
    I'm a bit concerned with the recent issues between Coach Bud and Middleton. The Bucks better be sure Middleton is fully on board before they give him the big money. Can't imagine that Bledsoe would command much of a pay raise, but Brogdan sure will. Lopez maybe a little bump, but I don't think much.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I'm a bit concerned with the recent issues between Coach Bud and Middleton. The Bucks better be sure Middleton is fully on board before they give him the big money. Can't imagine that Bledsoe would command much of a pay raise, but Brogdan sure will. Lopez maybe a little bump, but I don't think much.
    I don't think there is anything to worry about there. The issue arose from the Knicks game, when Budenholzer benched Middleton for the entire 4th quarter and overtime (poor defense). He then missed the following game for "personal reasons." Middleton may have had something going on off the court that was affecting his focus on the court? He has always been a team-oriented, soft-spoken guy. So not too worried about that.

Bucks did the same thing the other night, playing a terrible Cavs team, when Giannis sat out with "neck soreness" and Connaughton was also given the night off.