Thread: MU grad returning to his his East Coast Roots

MU grad returning to his his East Coast Roots

After many years in beautiful Lawrence, Kansas, Tom Keegan is coming back to my time zone! I used to love reading him in the NYPost and listening to him on ESPN as the funniest part of "Wally and the Keeg". Look forward to reading his offbeat take on sports and terrific interviews. More than once his interview subjects have said, "I've never been asked that before" and then launched into a one of a kind story.

Welcome Back, Tommy!!

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/o..._boston_herald

His brother is an ass!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Can't argue with you but Tom can't help that!!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Seeing that I was about the last person on the planet to find out that makes sense. After finding out I shot an email to my high school basketball coach and his response was "Yeh, I knew that". The coach is a huge Bosox hater BTW.

I personally found out from notorious gossiper Gato!
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 11-09-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Gossiper? I saw it on the interwebs. I can only assume you were clueless because you were involved in a spankathon with a leggy supermodel wearing judicial robes yelling breathlessly "no Caribou, YOU are out of order"--or something along those lines.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Gossiper? I saw it on the interwebs. I can only assume you were clueless because you were involved in a spankathon with a leggy supermodel wearing judicial robes yelling breathlessly "no Caribou, YOU are out of order"--or something along those lines.
    I was wearing the judicial robe - the rest is accurate.

Caribou, say hi to Tom for me. He came out to the Detroit area to do research/interviews on his Ernie Harwell book "My 60 Years in Baseball" back in 2002. We had lunch together and had a lot of laughs. I also have his book (personally signed) "Sleeper Cars and Flannel Uniforms" about former 1930's Tiger reliever Eldon Auker and his baseball memories. I need to read both of these again as they are great reads.

Best of luck to Tom in Boston.
    Last edited by ge1974; 11-13-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Will do GE - the article missed one more former Tiger interview of his - Denny McClain...in prison!

Caribou, just an FYI. I will advise if any more family news.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/c...m_job_realized
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

No paywall there too!

It could have had something to do with the second big league game I witnessed, at Fenway Park in 1973. (The first came two seasons earlier at RFK Stadium, Jim Palmer vs. Denny McClain). We watched Catfish Hunter and Bill Lee go the distance. Carl Yastrzemski deked the baserunner, pretending to camp under a flyball and playing it off the wall, stoking my father beyond belief. I thought the Green Monster was the coolest thing I had ever seen. I thought it was perfect. I was wrong. It became better 30 years later when seats appeared atop it, looking as if they had been there from birth.

I was with him at both of these games - he couldn't have woven in my 44 HR's in our backyard Wiffle ball league in '67 at the age of 9 (which technically tied Yaz and Harmon Killerbrew for the AL lead - one more from me and there was no triple crown for Yaz in '67 - he could have slipped that in, but no....haven't seen his hair combed in years.