Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Trip

West Coast Trip

I think these next 4 games will be interesting. 6 of the first 9 games have been at the Fiserv Forum. 2-1 on the road, with wins against average teams. The Bucks have certainly improved compared to last season (#1 Net Rating, #3 Offensive Rating, #2 Defensive Rating), but this will be a good test.

11/6: Portland (7-3)
    11/8: Golden State (9-1)
    11/10: Clippers (5-4)
    11/11: Denver (8-1)

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/2018-19-week-4

Beat Portland, lose to GSW, and then split with the Clippers / Denver and I'd say it would be a successful west coast trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Beat Portland, lose to GSW, and then split with the Clippers / Denver and I'd say it would be a successful west coast trip.
    I agree with that. 2-2 at a minimum. Take care of Portland and the Clippers (ideally). Denver might be the key game, one of the better teams to start the season, but win that one and it could be a very successful 3-1 trip.

I was not expecting that game last night, but sure was fun to watch. Should put the Bucks on some national radar too.

That was a nice surprise Goose. Even when Curry got hurt in the middle of the 3rd quarter, the Bucks were already up double digits. Golden State missed Draymond Green, but still had Durant/Curry/Thompson. The Bucks really frustrated them with their size/length. Not many players better suited to defend Durant than Giannis. Another confidence builder for the team.

The Bucks set a franchise record against Golden State with 84 points in the paint (after setting a franchise record earlier in the week with 22 threes against Sacramento). Embracing Bud's philosophy of restricted area/paint attempts or 3-point attempts.

https://twitter.com/nbated/status/1060914568963280896

On PTI this afternoon they said that Mike Budenholzer might warrant the best "free agent" signing this season.

Great win over Denver. Most entertaining game of the trip. Lopez couldn't miss in the 3rd quarter. He finished 8-13 from beyond the arc for 28 points. Bucks overall shot 50% (17-34) from three.

Go figure, Bucks defeat 2 of the better teams in the league to finish 2-2 on the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Great win over Denver. Most entertaining game of the trip. Lopez couldn't miss in the 3rd quarter. He finished 8-13 from beyond the arc for 28 points. Bucks overall shot 50% (17-34) from three.

Go figure, Bucks defeat 2 of the better teams in the league to finish 2-2 on the trip.
    That has been and will be my worry with this team. Very dangerous game playing to the level of their competition. That tends to be a "mental fortitude" thing as opposed to a skill level thing. We will have to wait and see if these guys are prepared mentally to take the next step to an elite level team. Skill-wise I think they are ready, head-wise not so sure.

I still think roster-wise they're not there yet. I thought they needed one more shooter, but Thunder Pat has filled that role well. Teams with mobile 4/5s like Horford, Green, Millsap, Jokic will continue to give them issues. They don't have anyone that can deal with them defensively, and all the elite teams have a guy like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast