Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MU vs Carroll game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Welcome to MU Joe Chartouny - Got to love a PG that, with 7+ mins to go, has only taken one shot and has 8 assists.
    He must not be very confident in his shot, as he passed up many an open look, especially from 3.

Yeah he is going to need to shoot some of those open looks......I think Sam told him to shoot it on at least 1 occasion.

He needs to be a threat

I may be wrong, but from the two scrimmages I watched JC was willing to shoot the trey when he was open, and he showed a decent touch. In warm ups he looked good from behind the arc. His ball has nice rotation and goes up soft. His release isn't super quick, but it's quick enough that he should be able to get it off if he has even a small opening.

That being said, after watching Markus and Sam and Jamal and Brendan and Joey shoot from the perimeter, he may be thinking, "They are better shooters than I am. Be patient, and eventually, if we have good ball movement, one of them will be open to take the trey."

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    I may be wrong, but from the two scrimmages I watched JC was willing to shoot the trey when he was open, and he showed a decent touch. In warm ups he looked good from behind the arc. His ball has nice rotation and goes up soft. His release isn't super quick, but it's quick enough that he should be able to get it off if he has even a small opening.

That being said, after watching Markus and Sam and Jamal and Brendan and Joey shoot from the perimeter, he may be thinking, "They are better shooters than I am. Be patient, and eventually, if we have good ball movement, one of them will be open to take the trey."
    Yes, but he still needs to be a viable threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Yes, but he still needs to be a viable threat.
    A viable threat yes. One can be a viable threat and still only take 1 shot in last nights game. It is difficult to draw any conclusions from such a small sample size. I suspect if he is needed, he will shoot. Last night he was trying to get everyone else involved. Nothing wrong with that, nothing to worry about with that.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    A viable threat yes. One can be a viable threat and still only take 1 shot in last nights game. It is difficult to draw any conclusions from such a small sample size. I suspect if he is needed, he will shoot. Last night he was trying to get everyone else involved. Nothing wrong with that, nothing to worry about with that.
    No worry here, just responding to PW's post in view of future (real) games. Agree that he will shoot and will have to in order for opponents to respect him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12