Thread: Season Expectations?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In my opinion It will look like this at end of the season:
    1. Boston
    2. Toronto
    3. Milwaukee
    4. Philly

I could see Philly and Milwaukee swapping places, but I am just not quite ready to say that Embiid has all his injury woes behind him. I think the Bucks win 50 games this year, but I just think that Toronto and Boston are better teams than the Bucks for now, in my opinion the Bucks are missing one piece to be competing with the Celtics.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    In my opinion It will look like this at end of the season:
    1. Boston
    2. Toronto
    3. Milwaukee
    4. Philly

I could see Philly and Milwaukee swapping places, but I am just not quite ready to say that Embiid has all his injury woes behind him. I think the Bucks win 50 games this year, but I just think that Toronto and Boston are better teams than the Bucks for now, in my opinion the Bucks are missing one piece to be competing with the Celtics.

Jimmy Butler!

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    [/B]
    Jimmy Butler!
    I’m not entirely sold that Jimmy is a great fit with Giannis, but if you could get him without giving up Khris Middleton I’d say it’s worth a shot. To me the ideal missing piece is a 3 pt shooting/playmaking point guard... perfect world type guy is a Steph Curry, which would never happen for obvious reasons, but a more realistic/obtainable option is probably a free agent type like Kemba Walker, but even that is difficult for the Bucks to pull off. To optimize Giannis you need to space the floor with three point shooting, that’s what you are seeing the Bucks do this year.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    I’m not entirely sold that Jimmy is a great fit with Giannis, but if you could get him without giving up Khris Middleton I’d say it’s worth a shot. To me the ideal missing piece is a 3 pt shooting/playmaking point guard... perfect world type guy is a Steph Curry, which would never happen for obvious reasons, but a more realistic/obtainable option is probably a free agent type like Kemba Walker, but even that is difficult for the Bucks to pull off. To optimize Giannis you need to space the floor with three point shooting, that’s what you are seeing the Bucks do this year.
    My thought process is I am not even looking at the offensive end. This team will not advance deeper in the playoffs without a better defensive commitment. And imo, that ain't happening with the roster as it is currently stands. The first 3 games, they basically have outscored average teams. At some point they will need to step it up defensively to beat good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    My thought process is I am not even looking at the offensive end. This team will not advance deeper in the playoffs without a better defensive commitment. And imo, that ain't happening with the roster as it is currently stands. The first 3 games, they basically have outscored average teams. At some point they will need to step it up defensively to beat good teams.
    That is what intrigues me about Jimmy Butler, the defensive end. Brogdan, Butler, Middleton, Giannis - that is some very good playoff caliber defense.

I keep putting myself in Minnesota's shoes. They are going to lose Butler for nothing at the end of the year, so they have to trade him. They also don't want to give him away either.
    Most teams trading for him know there is a good chance they will lose him, and teams like the Clippers are just waiting until the offseason, no reason to trade for him.

If you are Minn, would you take Bledsoe, Maker, 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder? Hate to part with too much, like throwing in DiVincenzo, as Butler is likely just a one year rental.