Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Expectations?

Season Expectations?

With the NBA tipping off tonight, for those interested, what are your expectations/predictions for the Bucks?

Last year, I thought the Bucks could get the 4th seed and home court in the first round of the playoffs. They ended up with the 7th seed and finished 44-38. I think the Bucks win 6 more games this season, finish 50-32, and get the 3rd seed in a diluted Eastern Conference. Boston, on paper and with coaching, appear to be the clear favorite in the East. Kawhi Leonard might be traded from Toronto by the deadline (knowing he could be headed to LA next summer). I think Milwaukee will be right there with Philly for the second best team in the East.

I really believe Budenholzer and staff will make this group better. Best coach since George Karl. The additions (Lopez, Ilyasova, Connaughton, DiVincenzo) are not flashy, but fit much better around Giannis and Middleton. Hopefully win a playoff series for the first time since 2001. If a #2 or #3 seed, the Bucks could even find themselves playing Boston again, only this time in the Eastern Conference Finals (with Boston unfortunately winning).

I agree that Budenholzer and staff will be good for this team. They have me excited as I really think they can make a difference with this group.

A #3 seed is my prediction. Boston and Philly might be the two teams ahead. Agree that this year we need to win a playoff series.

The betting show, Lock It In on FS1 that is daily @3:30pm. One guy said take the over on the Bucks for 48 wins.
    March Madness starts in November

They are actually running a modern offense, which is good for at least a few more wins. Do worry about the interior defense and defensive glass.

They're right there with Philly/Toronto/Indy in that 2-4 race. I think Washington ends up being a trainwreck. 49 wins, 3/4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    They are actually running a modern offense, which is good for at least a few more wins. Do worry about the interior defense and defensive glass.

They're right there with Philly/Toronto/Indy in that 2-4 race. I think Washington ends up being a trainwreck. 49 wins, 3/4 seed.
    Miami is another team in the East that always seems to maximize its personnel with great culture from the top (Pat Riley) down to Erik Spoelstra (underrated coach).

In my opinion It will look like this at end of the season:
    1. Boston
    2. Toronto
    3. Milwaukee
    4. Philly

I could see Philly and Milwaukee swapping places, but I am just not quite ready to say that Embiid has all his injury woes behind him. I think the Bucks win 50 games this year, but I just think that Toronto and Boston are better teams than the Bucks for now, in my opinion the Bucks are missing one piece to be competing with the Celtics.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    In my opinion It will look like this at end of the season:
    1. Boston
    2. Toronto
    3. Milwaukee
    4. Philly

I could see Philly and Milwaukee swapping places, but I am just not quite ready to say that Embiid has all his injury woes behind him. I think the Bucks win 50 games this year, but I just think that Toronto and Boston are better teams than the Bucks for now, in my opinion the Bucks are missing one piece to be competing with the Celtics.

Jimmy Butler!

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    [/B]
    Jimmy Butler!
    I’m not entirely sold that Jimmy is a great fit with Giannis, but if you could get him without giving up Khris Middleton I’d say it’s worth a shot. To me the ideal missing piece is a 3 pt shooting/playmaking point guard... perfect world type guy is a Steph Curry, which would never happen for obvious reasons, but a more realistic/obtainable option is probably a free agent type like Kemba Walker, but even that is difficult for the Bucks to pull off. To optimize Giannis you need to space the floor with three point shooting, that’s what you are seeing the Bucks do this year.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    I’m not entirely sold that Jimmy is a great fit with Giannis, but if you could get him without giving up Khris Middleton I’d say it’s worth a shot. To me the ideal missing piece is a 3 pt shooting/playmaking point guard... perfect world type guy is a Steph Curry, which would never happen for obvious reasons, but a more realistic/obtainable option is probably a free agent type like Kemba Walker, but even that is difficult for the Bucks to pull off. To optimize Giannis you need to space the floor with three point shooting, that’s what you are seeing the Bucks do this year.
    My thought process is I am not even looking at the offensive end. This team will not advance deeper in the playoffs without a better defensive commitment. And imo, that ain't happening with the roster as it is currently stands. The first 3 games, they basically have outscored average teams. At some point they will need to step it up defensively to beat good teams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast