Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
My thought process is I am not even looking at the offensive end. This team will not advance deeper in the playoffs without a better defensive commitment. And imo, that ain't happening with the roster as it is currently stands. The first 3 games, they basically have outscored average teams. At some point they will need to step it up defensively to beat good teams.
That is what intrigues me about Jimmy Butler, the defensive end. Brogdan, Butler, Middleton, Giannis - that is some very good playoff caliber defense.

I keep putting myself in Minnesota's shoes. They are going to lose Butler for nothing at the end of the year, so they have to trade him. They also don't want to give him away either.
Most teams trading for him know there is a good chance they will lose him, and teams like the Clippers are just waiting until the offseason, no reason to trade for him.

If you are Minn, would you take Bledsoe, Maker, 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder? Hate to part with too much, like throwing in DiVincenzo, as Butler is likely just a one year rental.