Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Season Expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    My thought process is I am not even looking at the offensive end. This team will not advance deeper in the playoffs without a better defensive commitment. And imo, that ain't happening with the roster as it is currently stands. The first 3 games, they basically have outscored average teams. At some point they will need to step it up defensively to beat good teams.
    That is what intrigues me about Jimmy Butler, the defensive end. Brogdan, Butler, Middleton, Giannis - that is some very good playoff caliber defense.

I keep putting myself in Minnesota's shoes. They are going to lose Butler for nothing at the end of the year, so they have to trade him. They also don't want to give him away either.
    Most teams trading for him know there is a good chance they will lose him, and teams like the Clippers are just waiting until the offseason, no reason to trade for him.

If you are Minn, would you take Bledsoe, Maker, 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder? Hate to part with too much, like throwing in DiVincenzo, as Butler is likely just a one year rental.

Need one more shooter. Maybe Connaughton is that guy if he works his way into the rotation. They're at 40% from 3 as a team, but that's with Khris shooting out of his mind right now.

Also need to figure out what to do with Eric Bledsoe. In the final year of his contract. I thought he played poorly at the end of last season and in the playoffs against the Celtics (Rozier), but I think he has looked much better in the first 3 games (small sample size). Maybe some nagging injuries towards the end of last season.

13 assists the other night, and shooting 41% from beyond the arc (7 of 17) despite being a 33.8% career 3-point shooter. Interesting to hear that after Budenholzer was hired, an assistant was sent to California to work with Bledsoe. The directive was to do nothing but work on 3-point shooting. I am sure his percentage will drop with more games played, but a positive start.

I was not expecting them to go 4-0 to start the season. Even with the Indiana and Philly games at home, I didn't think we would be 4-0.
    Big tests next week with Toronto at home and Boston on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I was not expecting them to go 4-0 to start the season. Even with the Indiana and Philly games at home, I didn't think we would be 4-0.
    Big tests next week with Toronto at home and Boston on the road.
    Definitely. Followed up by a 4-game west coast trip next week: Portland, Golden State, Clippers, Denver. The schedule may have been favorable to start the season, but it gets much tougher over these next 2 weeks. According to nba.com's power rankings, teams the Bucks will see:

#1-Toronto
    #2-Golden State
    #4-Denver
    #6-Boston
    #9-LA Clippers
    #12-Portland

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings

Woelful deleted his press box, but you can still see his nonsense here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...trip=1&vwsrc=0

This is a really fun team to watch, and I think some of that has to do with them playing with a better offensive approach and having a defensive scheme that is more effective in the NBA.
    A difference in coaching, and the additions to the roster are paying off so far.

When they signed Connaughton I thought he was just roster filler, but the kid can play as can DiVencenzo.

Without Lebron the East is wide open, and no reason the way the Bucks are playing they shouldn't be considered one of the top three teams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12