Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Jimmy

Thank you Jimmy

Thanks for your "labor of love", the summer pro-am. What a shot in the arm we all need during a relatively quiet time of the year for college basketball. I know how much time and effort goes into organizing this effort and just wanted to say thank you for all you do. Great to see some Marquette friends. Great to see the new Marquette players along with the vets. Great to see other current and former area players in a relaxing yet competitive environment. Hope everyone in the area has the opportunity to attend the pro-am and support Jimmy's effort. You will not be dissapointed. Thanks again to Jimmy, his family, and all those helping out!

Thanks in deed. Even if we're not in Milwaukee we are benefiting from sense of community this event is providing in the off season. I love the information and insights posted on the message boards.

Agreed. It comes at the perfect time. Summer is slow, no hoops, nothing to talk about. And it's been so long since we last saw the players, then Boom! Like Christmas in July.

+1 on all accounts. Thanks Jim!

Thanks guys - Yes, there is a lot of work that goes into it, but it sure is fun to watch. So many naysayers make the 'streetball' comments, but watching these guys and talking to them, they want to win and they take it very seriously. One of my favorite things is seeing some of the instant bonds of new teammates. Guys like Freddie Woods giving up an easy hoop to put it off the backboard for Steve Taylor for the follow up dunk. Guys like Geo Riley and Monte McCume throwing alley oops to Vander Blue in a way that makes you think they have been playing together since birth. I love it!

Major props goes to all of our sponsors, especially Scion Dental and Craig Kasten, as none of this would be possible without them.

if you haven't seen it yet, the guys from MidwestBallers.com were there all weekend and I have their first video up on the front page, the Top 10 plays of the weekend.....

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I loved the Davante "Ibechillendoe" dunk!

Thanks Jim as well. Enjoying the action. Your family has fun too running it. Funny thing about the Woods to Taylor dunk...it came right before the buzzer. More folks need to come out. Fun for the whole family.

How many more weekends will this league run? What time does it begin on Fridays? I am hoping to attend on July 20, driving up from Palatine, IL.

The next two weekends in July, then one weekend off, then the first weekend in August.

The Friday night games start at 6:30, Saturday games start at 11:30.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I loved the Davante "Ibechillendoe" dunk!

Same here. After that sequence I wonder if he'll find his way to PG in the depth chart. I can see it now: PG: Junior - Derrick - Devante

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast