Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy to the Knicks?

Jimmy to the Knicks?

"When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Jimmy has been living a drama filled life the last 2-3 seasons. Surprised to see that he and Tibs have had what it seems like a falling out.

I misinterpreted the situation with Jimmy and the T-Wolves - sounds like JB and Tibs are fine, but more contractual and larger market based, but I do think there is credence to the Townes and Wiggins not warming up to Jimmy and vice versa. Too bad - on paper they are more than solid, although I think Wiggins has regressed a bit after a pretty impressive start to his NBA career.

Not sure about the Clippers, but if Jimmy can get Kyrie Irving to eventually join him in going to the Knicks, they along with Porzingis would make a pretty good team in the East.

“He’s been a huge hassle for everyone I’ve talked to with both (the Bulls and Timberwolves),” the GM said. “I don’t care where they trade him. He’s still going to be there. Changing uniforms isn’t going to change Jimmy Butler. He needs to change himself. I wouldn’t take that risk. For Jimmy, it’s always all about Jimmy. Forget that, man.”

OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    “He’s been a huge hassle for everyone I’ve talked to with both (the Bulls and Timberwolves),” the GM said. “I don’t care where they trade him. He’s still going to be there. Changing uniforms isn’t going to change Jimmy Butler. He needs to change himself. I wouldn’t take that risk. For Jimmy, it’s always all about Jimmy. Forget that, man.”

OUCH!
    Not very nice things to say about Butler. Money and fame can change people. He still works hard, expects others to work hard, but it sounds like in doing so he does a pretty good job of alienating his teammates.

Some quotes that don't sound like the same guy that was playing here at MU.

“He didn’t want to play in Chicago, he doesn’t want to play in Minnesota,” the opposing GM said. “Does he actually even want to play? Or does he just have people kiss his ass and receive a big paycheck?

“Look, there is no doubt Jimmy is extremely talented. He can help you win games. He gets after it on defense. But he’s not proven to be a team player. It’s one thing to put up numbers. How about having your teammates’ back and being a leader? He doesn’t do those things. I doubt he ever will.

I'm not going to pretend to know what's going on behind the scenes here, but one thing that hit me was the line where it said that Thibs didn't take into account how Jimmy's leadership style would mesh with Wiggins and Towns.

Ok - I'll take a swing at that one. I have seen Jimmy's leadership style up close and often. It is hard core. He works his ass off and expects everyone else to do the same. He got that from coaches and teammates who helped him rise to the top as they had the same approach.

Jimmy came from nothing. Homeless at what, 13? He made himself into what he is today.

Now let's look at the two that don't like his style. Towns & Wiggins.
    Both have been superstars since they were very young.
    Both went to more than one high school.
    Both were Gatorade national player of the year.
    Both were McD's All-Americans.
    They went to Kansas & Kentucky where both were All-American as freshmen.
    Both were 1-and-done.
    Both were the overall number 1 pick.

Jimmy expects everyone around him to work as hard as he does. Maybe that's not fair to all of them, but... any chance that these guys have always had everything handed to them, never really had to work too hard and get pissed when someone calls them out and or pushes them?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast