Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jabari Parker

Jabari Parker

Matt Velazquez on Parker's work with assistant coach Frank Johnson. No change on an expected return in February.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...son/910384001/

Bucks obviously are not going to re-sign him for the Max when he is eligible. I would consider packaging him along with Henson for DeAndre Jordan.

The deadline was this past October for an extension. Bucks obviously did the right thing. He will be a restricted free agent this summer and can let the market determine his value. I want to see what he can do with this team when he returns in February (maybe earlier?). He is reportedly ahead of schedule and looking good. Giannis, Middleton and Parker have barely had the chance to play with each other. Particularly since Giannis became a Top 10 player in the NBA. It might not work, but I would like to see it play out this season.

I hate the Bucks center situation. I just don't think they can do much with Henson and Maker in the middle. You would think there would be someone out there they can get. I know Sixers are now only looking for a second round pick for Okafor. He would not help much rebounding or for defense, but his offensive game is better than Henson or Makers. I don't think the Bucks can afford DeAndre, but how about trying to get a guy like Tyson Chandler or Al Jefferson. How about Valencuinias? I just think the Bucks will not end this season with Henson and Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I hate the Bucks center situation. I just don't think they can do much with Henson and Maker in the middle. You would think there would be someone out there they can get. I know Sixers are now only looking for a second round pick for Okafor. He would not help much rebounding or for defense, but his offensive game is better than Henson or Makers. I don't think the Bucks can afford DeAndre, but how about trying to get a guy like Tyson Chandler or Al Jefferson. How about Valencuinias? I just think the Bucks will not end this season with Henson and Maker.
    Agree, there has to be somebody on a bench somewhere that we could use. I too was thinking about Tyson Chandler. With Monroe there I'm not sue they need both. Henson or some type of salary for salary trade where we throw in a young guy and a second round pick.
    I've thought about Okafor as he would be pretty cheap, but not sure he gives us the type of big guy we need, especially for a half season rental.
    I'm not really for DeAndre, who can't hit a free throw, as I wouldn't want to give up much for him. Thinking future, there may be a FA on the market that can help us next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Agree, there has to be somebody on a bench somewhere that we could use. I too was thinking about Tyson Chandler. With Monroe there I'm not sue they need both. Henson or some type of salary for salary trade where we throw in a young guy and a second round pick.
    I've thought about Okafor as he would be pretty cheap, but not sure he gives us the type of big guy we need, especially for a half season rental.
    I'm not really for DeAndre, who can't hit a free throw, as I wouldn't want to give up much for him. Thinking future, there may be a FA on the market that can help us next year.
    Okafor just got traded to the Nets along with Stauskus for Trevor Booker.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    DeAndre Jordan just hired Jeff Schwartz (current agent of Middleton and Teletovic, former agent of Jason Kidd). Bucks are considered to have interest. I would not want to give up Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon, Parker or Snell. Snell is certainly not a star, but his 3-point shooting and defense are a very good fit with Giannis and Bledsoe. Optimal situation for the Bucks would be trading Maker or Henson along with other players/future draft pick. The center position does not seem to be as important as it once was.

http://hoopshype.com/2017/12/08/dean...le-rebounding/
    Last edited by mufan2003; 12-11-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Kidd said tonight that Parker is scheduled to return the week before the All-Star break.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ak/1018896001/

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Kidd said tonight that Parker is scheduled to return the week before the All-Star break.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ak/1018896001/
    I look forward to seeing what this team can do with Parker and Middleton healthy at the same time. Giannis wasn't at the level he is now two years ago when they were both active, and we didn't have Bledsoe, Brogdan or Maker then either.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I look forward to seeing what this team can do with Parker and Middleton healthy at the same time. Giannis wasn't at the level he is now two years ago when they were both active, and we didn't have Bledsoe, Brogdan or Maker then either.
    Early reports are that Parker has improved his outside shooting. That is something this team needs. I still think they need to go out and find a journeyman center who can play 12 - 15 minutes a game and get rebounds and protect the rim. Henson and Maker don't do it for me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast