Thread: Milwaukee's New Mecca - Chicago Tribune Article

Milwaukee's New Mecca - Chicago Tribune Article

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/chic...82376925323940

From this morning's Chicago Tribune sports section - don't know if it has been posted on any of the other boards yet.

“I don’t think this (arena) is a solution for racial harmony,” he said. “But Milwaukee doesn’t have a centralized meeting place. There are no parks in the middle of the city. By building this plaza, you’ve kind of orchestrated a meeting place.“

There are no parks in Milwaukee? Has Feigin even walked around this city?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucrisco View Post
    “I don’t think this (arena) is a solution for racial harmony,” he said. “But Milwaukee doesn’t have a centralized meeting place. There are no parks in the middle of the city. By building this plaza, you’ve kind of orchestrated a meeting place.“

There are no parks in Milwaukee? Has Feigin even walked around this city?
    For a guy whose employer relied on some taxpayer funds to build their new home, Feigin certainly keeps his proverbial foot in his mouth a lot.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

I was unaware that the Walgreens on 26th and National was both very close to the Bradley center and also located downtown. Learn something new every day.

Isn't Cathedral Square Park a park in the middle of the city? Jazz in the park is pretty big.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 07-02-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Isn't Cathedral Square Park a park in the middle of the city? Jazz in the park is pretty big.
    And usually more diverse than your average Bucks game.

Feigin should really familiarize himself with the city before he keeps spouting off.

In downtown there is Cathedral Square Park (hosting events all the time, including Bastille Days and concerts), Red Arrow (ice skating all winter), Zeidler Park (often farmers markets, other events), Pere Marquette Park right along the river, Veteran's Park along the big lake, O'Donnell Park, McKinley Beach and Bradford Beach may not be called parks but they sure are gathering spots all summer. Can't get a much bigger gathering spot than the Summerfest grounds. Plenty of spots along the river walk and other parks very near what we in Milwaukee consider downtown.

But thankfully Feigin and the Bucks are creating the live block so Milwaukee will now have a gathering place, and just so happens to also be a place where the Bucks can sell you food and drink.

Feigin needs to do a little more thinking before talking, but I am excited for the new arena and the new development around the facility.

I think it is absurd to conflate the construction of a new basketball arena with the deep-seeded issues around racial harmony.