Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBT - MU vs St. John's

TBT - MU vs St. John's

Don't know if anyone is out there, and don't know what I can add, but I am courtside.

Marquette Alumni...

Starters
    Jamil Wilson #0
    Derrick Wilson #3
    Maurice Acker #4
    Jerel McNeal #22
    Travis Diener #34

Jake Thomas #7
    Trend Blackledge #21
    Elgin Cook #5
    Willie Atwood #2
    Cinmeon Bowers #23

MU playing very early in this tourney in order to host. If they were not playing for two more weeks, they might have a very different roster.

Wojo in house, Bo Ellis in house, Dwight Buycks in house...
    Last edited by IWB; 06-30-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

If MU makes it to 2nd weekend, they will add to the roster.

When I watched practice the other day Joe had them working on trapping the top corners a lot, see that early and often here.

Current team FYI - They had a team building exercise yesterday as the team went golfing. I believe it was a 9 hole scramble. Said that Marotta and the two Hausers had golfed before, but surprisingly the rest of them picked it up pretty quick.

I would like to see Theo John, Ed Morrow & Ike Eke on the tee box.

Early stats - with 2:17 to go in the first...

MU shooting 22.2% from field, 16.7% from field.

Who would have though MU's leading rebounders at this point would be Derrick Wilson with 3 & Maurice Acker with 2.

oddly enough, the TBT flies in the refs, not using local refs. Today's refs are Brian O'Connell, Steve McJunkins, Alfred Smith

At the end of one, 16-16.

MU should be rolling, didn't start hitting shots until late.

Now after one they are at 27.3% from teh field, 26.7% from three.

Entire MU coaching staff here, several members of the team here too.

Maurice Acker doing a great job running the point, sets up Jamil Wilson for a LOOONG distance three at the buzzer to give MU a 39-33 halftime lead. Wilson with three 3s to end the half. Jamil now 4-9 from three.

St. John's not going away. MU up 58-54 after three.

Looking at the stats...

MU now shooting 41.3% from field, 33.3% from 3pt.

Jamil Wilson 6-12 from three.
    Maurice Acker with 10 assists.
    Jerel McNeal with 6 rebounds.

Acker, McNeal, Diener all with 8pts, Jake Thomas with 7 after recreating the Syracuse 4 pt play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast