Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Search

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Budenholzer wouldn't be bad. Is there some D-League guy? How about Jerry Stackhouse. Or Sam Cassell.
    I remember hearing/reading that his peers thought he would make a great head coach one day. Just don't think he is being considered. Stackhouse even played a season in Milwaukee (2010).

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/993537997508435970

Glad to see that Budenholzer has an interview set up for later this week.

Will the Bucks owners go after Van Gundy?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Will the Bucks owners go after Van Gundy?
    Your guess is as good as mine. There is obviously the New York connection. He works for ESPN/ABC through the NBA Finals, with Mike Breen and Mark Jackson, but that wouldn't prevent him from interviewing for coaching positions. Haven't seen his name mentioned recently with the Bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Your guess is as good as mine. There is obviously the New York connection. He works for ESPN/ABC through the NBA Finals, with Mike Breen and Mark Jackson, but that wouldn't prevent him from interviewing for coaching positions. Haven't seen his name mentioned recently with the Bucks.
    I think he meant the brother that just was canned from Detroit.
    Personally, I don't want either.

Budenholzer or Rivers (who is still under contract).

It will be interesting to see how this roster shakes out, and plays with hopefully a new offensive and defensive style next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think he meant the brother that just was canned from Detroit.
    Personally, I don't want either.

Budenholzer or Rivers (who is still under contract).

It will be interesting to see how this roster shakes out, and plays with hopefully a new offensive and defensive style next year.
    Got it, thanks for clarifying. It was mentioned that Budenholzer might sit out a year. Can't imagine him turning down the job if offered by the Bucks. Along with Budenholzer, I get the sense that Monty Williams and David Blatt are the top candidates. I hope they can lock up Budenholzer in the next week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Plenty of interest in those affiliated with the Spurs organization.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/992568465977376768
    No support for Becky??!!

Bucks can't really take a chance with this pick. Have a short window of a few years to get something done before Giannis becomes a FA.
    That will include adding some free agents. That's why I'm hoping for a NBA coach with some history of success, like Budenholzer.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    No support for Becky??!!
    Ha. I didn't want to say anything. Seems like a PR move by the Bucks (interviewing a woman for HC) while helping Becky's career (she can say she was a candidate for the Bucks HC job).

IMO, the Bucks need a coach with more experience.

Is Becky even a coach? She sits behind the bench.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast