Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bucks vs Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Funny, we really should have won game 1, and then this game two loss would have been frustrating, but we would be in real good shape having stole a game on the road.
    I don't think the Bucks should have won game 1. Turnovers and 2nd chance points killed the Bucks. They were down by 10 points with 5 minutes left. The Bucks had a great chance to steal that game. Lucky, crazy shot to force overtime.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    Bucks might need to re-think for the #future is now saying.
    No kidding. When does "owning the present" arrive?

Game 2 watch party Tuesday night paid off for the Bucks season ticket office. Held at the downtown practice facility, the event ended with 60 new full season ticket packages sold, said Barry Baum, Bucks senior vice president for communications. "That's a huge number for one night," Baum said.

Game 2 watch party Tuesday night paid off for the Bucks season ticket office. Held at the downtown practice facility, the event ended with 60 new full season ticket packages sold, said Barry Baum, Bucks senior vice president for communications. "That's a huge number for one night," Baum said.
    I don't think there is any question the city and fans are ready to support the team. Bucks fans have had a long time waiting for something good to happen, and we now have it with Giannis. This is a once in a generation chance for a team like the Bucks. Need the owners to make the right decision. If the Bucks start winning playoff games / series you will see full houses in the new arena.

In response to MU/Panther, we did have a lead and chances to seal that game 1 win. I guess should have won may have been too strong, but we were in position to win and didn't close it out. Had we won that, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Hope it goes better than the GM process. Not giving Hammond a new contract (which I favored), disagreeing on the individual (Justin Zanik) who was brought in to be the successor, only to end up hiring a long-time assistant (Jon Horst) to John Hammond. I hope the owners can stay out of it, let Jon Horst and Milt Newton make the selection.

Add Mike Budenholzer to the list of rumored coaches. Doc Rivers as well. Jeff Van Gundy, Kevin McHale, David Fizdale, Monty Williams. Have to wonder if any college coaches will be pursued.

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/mike-...lzer-to-bucks/
    I'd like to see a guy like Doc Rivers get a shot (just don't bring your kid, talent or not I think it became a headache / distraction in LA). The Clippers did pretty well this year without CP and Griffin. Coaching Giannis will be a drawing card, so we should have no problem getting a capable coach. As MUFan indicated, the Bucks owners need to get out of the way as the GM process was not handled well from the outside looking in.

Bucks are a 6.5 points favorite on Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Is a sign and trade possible with Parker? As weird as it may sound, he seems like he is almost pouting and not putting forward max effort on purpose.
    Read one article that said he is really jealous of Giannis as that was supposed to be him, but if you don't care about your team or the franchise, play for your next payday.

I'm sure not for similar value, but it would be nice to get something for him.

I know others on our team may not have much value, but it would be nice to clear some money in hopes we can add someone to the roster.

Crazy how two games can really show some things. Not sure how much a new coach will make a difference, but I sure hope our next coach can do something with this group.
    Sign and trade may be a possibility if any offer they end up matching is reasonable. My guess is the only way this happens is if there is a team out there that really wants Parker, but does not have the cap room to sign him without shedding some players. In this scenario, maybe his agent can work out some kind of sign and trade. Otherwise, why would anyone trade for him when they can sign him off the street?

There also are not that many teams with a lot of cap space this year. Here is a listing of teams with space and the amount.
    Atlanta 27.7M
    Sac 24.5 M
    Chicago 41.5
    Indiana 8.1
    Phoenix 13.2
    Dallas 23.8
    Orlando 15
    Brooklyn 16.6
    Philly 30.9
    Utah 11.6
    SA 671K
    LAL 61.8 M
    NO 689K
    Houston 21.9

I see very few teams on that list that I think would want to use a significant chunk of their space on Jabari. It only takes one team though. Houston will need their space to re-sign CP3 and Capella. They will probably have to lose a guy or two to make that work. Lakers hope to keep their space to sign 2 Max FA's. Wouldn't want to waste any of that on Parker. Utah will need their space to re-sign Favors if they want to keep him. Philly doesn't need Parker and will want to keep money to start working on extensions with younger players. They also have free agents to be in J.J.Reddick, Belinelli, Amir Johnson and Illyasova. If they decide they want to re-sign some of those guys, that will eat into space. Brooklyn has the room, but would they want to invest that in Parker?, Orlando probably needs their space for Aaron Gordon. Dallas is interesting - they have the space, but I'm sure they are looking for a more significant piece. Phoenix could offer 13 M, and would probably be a good place for him since they tend to not play defense and rely on high volume scoring. I don't think Phoenix would want him as they have a boatload of those kind of guys already. Bucks would probably match that offer so here is a sign and trade possibility. Chicago obviously has the room, and it is his home town. I don't think he fits their plans though. I think they want to remain flexible in the hope they can sign some more impactful players. That brings us to Atlanta and Saxramento. Two bad teams that have lots of cap space. Sacremento is probably the most interesting because I don't think marquee free agents want to go there, just like Milwaukee. Both Atlanta and Sacramento in my opinion are teams that want to remain flexible and accumulate draft picks. These are dumping grounds for teams that have players on expiring contracts they want to get rid of, in exchange for draft picks. I.E. Take bad player X and bad contract of my hand and we sweeten the pot with a future draft pick. Bottom line is I don't think there will be a huge market for Jabari Parker. Woeful was quoted the other day as saying before the playoffs he had heard there were a couple of teams that would pay him around $20M. I don't believe that as he has always been a shill for the Parkers.

This is not a huge desirable free agent crop this year. Cousins is probably the big name. Interesting that Aaron Gordon and Jabari Parker are restricted free agents in the same year. Of the two, I would think Gordon would draw more interest from other teams. Julius Randle is also RFA and is a better player than Jabari Parker. There are some high paid veterans out there with expiring big deals, these guys will most likely have to take a significant pay cut with their new or existing teams. Guys like Brook Lopez - 21.5M, Kentavious Caldwell Pope 17.7M, J.J. Redick 23M, Will Barton and Clint Capela are two guys who are going to get big deals, which will eat into someones cap space. Bottom line is a see a very slim market for Jabari Parker. That could change if he shows up and balls out during the remainder of the playoffs, but I doubt it. Just my two cents on what is going on in the league.

Almost forgot, Lebron has an opt out. What is he going to do? If he has had enough in Cleveland, what will that do to the market? My guess is the Lakers try to get Lebron and Paul George, which will eat up most of their space
    Last edited by mufansince72; 04-19-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Bucks are a 6.5 points favorite on Friday night.
    Interesting line. While Bledsoe, Parker and Snell certainly have their issues, they aren't as bad as they showed in the first 2 games. I am interested to see how this team (those 3) responds. Maybe more of the same, but players' reputations are on the line. Teams pay attention to how individuals perform in the playoffs.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-19-2018 at 03:09 PM.

We all know Parker has waited two years, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be out there. Play D, rebound, hustle back down the court, play with some sense of urgency, help your team win, etc. Do those things and then maybe you will deserve to be out there.

I did like Giannis comments, basically it doesn't matter, winning in the playoffs is what matters.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast