Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bucks vs Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    BC was rocking too - fun, but nerve wracking, game to watch.
    And your Spurs won too Caribou.

3 of the 4 playoff series in the East are 2-2, with Washington and Cleveland winning yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    And your Spurs won too Caribou.

3 of the 4 playoff series in the East are 2-2, with Washington and Cleveland winning yesterday.
    It was rocking in San Antonio as well - Manu jumped on the way back machine in their win as did Wade in their loss. Who knows, might be their last big games in their careers - pretty much a given that Manu is done this year and DWade is not a given to come back so I'm going to be sure to watch tomorrow's games.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    BC was rocking too - fun, but nerve wracking, game to watch.
    When Boston took a 1-point lead in the 4th, I honestly thought the Bucks had blown the game. I guess with the 3-point shot, large leads can dissipate quickly. I should have had more confidence in them.

For as bad as we shot last night, I am surprised we were in the game.

Need to hit those shots and have Giannis have a big night on Thursday.

For as bad as we shot last night, I am surprised we were in the game.

Need to hit those shots and have Giannis have a big night on Thursday.
    How does Giannis only have 10 FG attempts in that game?

Glad that Philly beat Miami. Meaning game 6 in Milwaukee is not an 8:30PM game.
    March Madness starts in November

Nice win! Despite the odds, #BucksIn7

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/story.cfm/story/855408

Home team has won 80% of game 7's played in NBA history.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-27-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Nice win! Despite the odds, #BucksIn7
    That was a great game. It has been awhile since the Bucks have really been a good team pushing a series win, so it has been awhile since I've watched every game of a NBA series.

When you play a team for the 6th time, nothing is new, every player and their tendencies are well understood. I'm sure players are getting sick of battling against the same guys ever night, so that leads to a ton more "chippieness". Makes the individual battles as interesting as the overall game.

I'm really hoping for a great game 7, and I hope Bledsoe, Maker and Snell have good games. If you expect Giannis and Middleton to be constants, those are the guys that need to have big games. I would think we will see some pushing and shoving and maybe a T or two, with hopefully Giannis leading the Bucks to the next series and a game 7 road win.

That was a great game. It has been awhile since the Bucks have really been a good team pushing a series win, so it has been awhile since I've watched every game of a NBA series.

When you play a team for the 6th time, nothing is new, every player and their tendencies are well understood. I'm sure players are getting sick of battling against the same guys ever night, so that leads to a ton more "chippieness". Makes the individual battles as interesting as the overall game.

I'm really hoping for a great game 7, and I hope Bledsoe, Maker and Snell have good games. If you expect Giannis and Middleton to be constants, those are the guys that need to have big games. I would think we will see some pushing and shoving and maybe a T or two, with hopefully Giannis leading the Bucks to the next series and a game 7 road win.
    From my perspective, 5 things the Bucks need to win game 7:

(1) Add Parker and Brogdon to Bledsoe, Maker and Snell. It can't just be Giannis and Middleton. Parker was nonexistent in games 1 and 2, but was solid in game 5 with 17 points and 8 boards. Snell has shot 0-9 from beyond the arc at TD Garden in this series. Snell shot 40% from 3 during the regular season, only 25% in this series. He plays good defense, but need him to knock down a couple open looks.

(2) Defending the 3. Watching this series, Boston is most comfortable hunting the 3-point shot. Rozier, Tatum, Brown and Morris. They like to utilize the step-back, 3-point shot. Run them off the 3-point line. They are not as good off the dribble, and don't see the floor (teammates) well when they drive the ball. The Bucks have been able to block shots (with their length) or cause a turnover when Boston is forced to drive it. Boston has shot 39% from beyond the arc at TD Garden, 32% at the BC.

(3) Rebounding. Boston was getting too many offensive rebounds earlier in the series. Milwaukee has improved as the series has progressed. Need to stay strong on the defensive glass.

(4) Bledsoe needs to keep his cool. He has made some bad decisions at TD Garden. Forcing things and getting distracted with his one-on-one matchup against Rozier.

(5) Giannis' aggressiveness. He only took 10 shots in game 5. Can't do that again. Giannis was great in the 4th quarter of game 6. When it gets to the middle of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter, he needs to be the initiator playing out of the post or wide post. The Bucks did this well in Milwaukee.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234