Thread: Tough Loss

Tough Loss

Bucks played like crap but still were in the game.
    Bledsoe looked scared.
    Jabari was -14 in his 15 minutes
    If I am the Bucks, I let Jabari walk, unfortunately for nothing, if he gets an offer above 3 years 42 million. The guy gives up more points than he scores. Would rather use his money to sign a rim protector and a shooter. Love Jabari, but he is just not a good fit on this team. He would be a perfect fit for a team like the Suns that don't care about defense. Jabari is so athletic, so I don't know why defense is such an issue with him. Not much good if he scores 20 but his guy goes for 30, which seems to be a career trend.
    Last edited by mufansince72; 04-16-2018 at 01:07 AM.

Bledsoe and Parker need to step it up for the remainder of this series.
    Effort was lacking. All Boston player run back on D, and many Bucks players as well. Bledsoe and Parker, not so much. This is the playoffs for crying out loud.

Get a good game from Bledsoe and I think we can win this series.

Parker is a tough call. Would be great if he could be included in some kind of sign and trade so we don't lose him for nothing. I'd keep him on a deal like 14 per year. If he wants more, I'd give him a one year deal with the idea that he needs to prove he can stay healthy before he gets a multi year deal for big money.

Bucks have some decisions to make this offseason once they decide on a coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Bledsoe and Parker need to step it up for the remainder of this series.
    Effort was lacking. All Boston player run back on D, and many Bucks players as well. Bledsoe and Parker, not so much. This is the playoffs for crying out loud.

Get a good game from Bledsoe and I think we can win this series.

Parker is a tough call. Would be great if he could be included in some kind of sign and trade so we don't lose him for nothing. I'd keep him on a deal like 14 per year. If he wants more, I'd give him a one year deal with the idea that he needs to prove he can stay healthy before he gets a multi year deal for big money.

Bucks have some decisions to make this offseason once they decide on a coach.
    Problem is that Jabari is a restricted free agent, and he will go out and get offers from other teams. At that point the only thing the Bucks can do is match. I'm sure he will not settle for a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Problem is that Jabari is a restricted free agent, and he will go out and get offers from other teams. At that point the only thing the Bucks can do is match. I'm sure he will not settle for a one year deal.
    Good point, but I just don't see many teams out there offering a big multi year deal to a player that gets 14 minutes and none in crunch time of a playoff game, especially given his injury history. Of course it only takes one team.

Good points on Parker and Bledsoe. Both were terrible yesterday. Bucks can win this series if those two step it up. Giannis and Middleton were excellent, Brogdon was solid in just his 3rd game back.

Long-term, Bucks need to recognize that Giannis needs shooters around him. Today's NBA is about spacing and shooting. Giannis may never become a consistent perimeter threat. I can't see a team throwing big money at Parker with his injury history. If a team does, I think you have to let him walk, as much as I like him as an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good points on Parker and Bledsoe. Both were terrible yesterday. Bucks can win this series if those two step it up. Giannis and Middleton were excellent, Brogdon was solid in just his 3rd game back.

Long-term, Bucks need to recognize that Giannis needs shooters around him. Today's NBA is about spacing and shooting. Giannis may never become a consistent perimeter threat. I can't see a team throwing big money at Parker with his injury history. If a team does, I think you have to let him walk, as much as I like him as an individual.
    The more I think about it, and with the Bucks cap situation, the Bucks should probably match any reasonable offer for Jabari. Maybe something along the lines of three years 36 million to three years 42 million. I would then showcase him a little bit at the beginning of next season and look to trade him for some shooters or a decent center. If you don't feel like you will be able to sign Middleton and or Bledsoe the following year when they hit unrestricted free agency maybe you keep Parker. However, I just don't think he is that good of a fit on this Bucks team unless a new coach comes in with a totally different philosophy. I think Jabari would be at his best in an uptempo offense on a team that doesn't play defense. Think Phoenix for instance.

No matter what happens in the series with Boston, I'd have to think this will be a big off season for the Bucks.

What if Miami is looking to trade Hassan Whiteside, are the Bucks interested? What about Kwai Leonard - is he worth a risk?
    Are the Bucks willing to move Middleton in the right deal? Middleton, Maker, Henson - do they have enough value to make a deal worthwhile?
    If some players are moved (Middleton, Henson, Delly) and the Bucks get some cap availability, are there any free agents of interest that would fit the team?

Would free agents come to play with Giannis? While big money gets thrown at the usual suspects, what about guys like Wes Matthews.

No matter what happens in the series with Boston, I'd have to think this will be a big off season for the Bucks.

What if Miami is looking to trade Hassan Whiteside, are the Bucks interested? What about Kwai Leonard - is he worth a risk?
    Are the Bucks willing to move Middleton in the right deal? Middleton, Maker, Henson - do they have enough value to make a deal worthwhile?
    If some players are moved (Middleton, Henson, Delly) and the Bucks get some cap availability, are there any free agents of interest that would fit the team?

Would free agents come to play with Giannis? While big money gets thrown at the usual suspects, what about guys like Wes Matthews.
    I like the Wes Matthews suggestion. I'm not sure he is a free agent. If he is, all the Bucks can offer is the mid level exception, which is about 8 million. That would also put them in the Luxury Tax so that 8 million ends up costing more like 16 million. Not sure of the exact formula for the tax.

There are 3 players I value on this Bucks team (long-term). Giannis, Middleton and Brogdon. Middleton and Brogdon are a good fit with Giannis. I didn't mind acquiring Bledsoe, to get value for Monroe's expiring contract. However, teams sag off him the way they sag off Giannis.

With Bledsoe's deal expiring after next season, I would like to see the Bucks eventually move him for a bigger "3 and D" player (if possible). Move Brogdon back to starting PG. Possibly draft a PG (Brunson or Tony Carr?).