Thread: This Week's Sports Illustrated Cover...

This Week's Sports Illustrated Cover...

...did not have Nova on the cover, but rather ND's studdette Arike Ogunbowale with the tag line ICE! (TWICE!) I'm almost certain that that is the first time that the NCAA men's champ was not on the cover. They did have a 9 page article though whereas ND's was 5. In any event, I'm almost 100% certain that SI will print at least one letter to the editor from a Nova fan calling them out for it. I know I have my '77 cover framed in my office and still haven't gotten around to framing the '03 FF cover that included DWade of course.

With the college season over and the NBA regular season coming to an end the mock drafts will be popping up with more frequency so this week's issue also included under their GO FIGURE - their sometimes column on analytics - looks at how one & dones have done at the next level. Historically and in the column's word "meh".

"Since 2006, 100 frosh have been selected in the 1st round - much more than any other class - but on average, sophomores and juniors have had more success as pros, with their higher career win shares (averaging 19.9 for sophs and 16.4 for juniors) than the one-and-dones (14.8)."

Bridges has been projected to be a lottery pic - wonder if he can crack the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    ...did not have Nova on the cover, but rather ND's studdette Arike Ogunbowale with the tag line ICE! (TWICE!) I'm almost certain that that is the first time that the NCAA men's champ was not on the cover. They did have a 9 page article though whereas ND's was 5. In any event, I'm almost 100% certain that SI will print at least one letter to the editor from a Nova fan calling them out for it. I know I have my '77 cover framed in my office and still haven't gotten around to framing the '03 FF cover that included DWade of course.

With the college season over and the NBA regular season coming to an end the mock drafts will be popping up with more frequency so this week's issue also included under their GO FIGURE - their sometimes column on analytics - looks at how one & dones have done at the next level. Historically and in the column's word "meh".

"Since 2006, 100 frosh have been selected in the 1st round - much more than any other class - but on average, sophomores and juniors have had more success as pros, with their higher career win shares (averaging 19.9 for sophs and 16.4 for juniors) than the one-and-dones (14.8)."

Bridges has been projected to be a lottery pic - wonder if he can crack the top 10.
    Bridges is a RS junior. Wonder if he’ll be able to graduate this Spring?

I know Bridges is a Junior - during the draft they all too often penalize upperclassmen while going after the one and dones.

I know Bridges is a Junior - during the draft they all too often penalize upperclassmen while going after the one and dones.
    He is actually a senior schoolwise.

Are you in the Midwest? Is it possible that it was a regional cover? That is a little odd, but beating UCONN the way they did might be a bigger story.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

I subscribe to SI and Villanova (DiVincenzo) is on the cover.

https://twitter.com/NovaMBB/status/9...116190720?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    I subscribe to SI and Villanova (DiVincenzo) is on the cover.

https://twitter.com/NovaMBB/status/9...116190720?s=20
    Must be regional which they do often, but they typically show the different covers inside.

Must be regional which they do often, but they typically show the different covers inside.
    I noticed that too, not sure why they didn't show the regional break down (as you mentioned, that they usually do).