Thread: Greatest Wisconsin Girls hoops players

Greatest Wisconsin Girls hoops players

With Arike's big shot last night, who are the greatest in Wisconsin history?

1. Sonja Henning
    2. Misty Bass
    3. Heidi Bunek
    4. Arike Ogunbawale

Who else? These are off the top of my head.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Anna DeForge?

Arike will probably be the best ever. The crazy thing is that she wasn’t even that dominant in high school, until she decided to turn it on. Then, it was like an NBA player vs middle school girls.

And Arike does it again for the National Championship. Amazing!

Outstanding shot. Heartbreaking for Miss State who was in control most of the game.

what an incredible game. Up there with the laettner shot and nc st shot. crazy ending.

Janel McCarville from SPASH should be in the discussion. She is often overlooked because she overlapped with Mistie Bass.

Went to the University of Minnesota and was the number one overall pick in the 2005 WNBA draft.

Since we're talking girls high school hoops, I want to bring in a discussion that we had last night.

My wife is from Iowa. When I first got to college in Iowa, that winter I saw a girls high school basketball game. My immediate reaction? WHAT IN THEE HELL?!?!?!

Yes - girls basketball in Iowa in those days was 6-on-6. 6 girls on each side. 3 were forwards or "offensive players", three were guards or "defensive players". You could not cross half court. So while one team was trying to score, there would be 3 girls from each team at half court just waiting for the ball to come back. And you could only dribble twice. Craziest thing I had ever seen.

http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sp...tball-20180212
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson