Thread: Marquette call out on PTI today for the....

Marquette call out on PTI today for the....

...41st anniversary of MU's 1977 championship. Tony K mentioned how many good players Al had and Keith O. referenced Jimmy Boylan being the future coach of the Bulls and Bucks.

So 41 years ago from this very moment I was in the TV room on the 8th floor of McCormick nervously watching MU sabatoge the Tar Heels 4 corners and eventually pull it out leading to massive damage on the 8th Floor ($75/person) before heading to the airport to greet the team on their return from Atlanta and then back to the bars where all hell was breaking lose including a vandalized parking meter near the Gym Bar- who would do such a thing???
    Last edited by CaribouJim; 03-28-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Is that one of the parking meters that ended up in my apartment above Doc's Liquors?
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

My bro and I were there that night in Atlanta. Celebrated thru the night in Undeground Atlanta. Barely made the flight home the next morning. Still have that ill-fated UNC NC t-shirt that a vendor gave me for free! What a night. Still so fresh in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Is that one of the parking meters that ended up in my apartment above Doc's Liquors?
    With 100% certainty, yes it was and I suspect you have intimate knowledge as to how that meter became separated from its mooring in the first place!

I remember watching at home. As soon as game ended my parents loaded us up in the car (me, Goose85, Hamostradamus and one of my sisters. We headed straight for MU and upon arrival we were instantly caught in the swarm of people on Wisconsin Avenue. We were trapped in a sea of humanity on the way down Wisconsin Ave until we came upon a cop who knew us at about Water Street. He called other cops over and they basically 'parted the sea' so we could turn off of Wisconsin.

So while I can't say that I walked from campus to the Lake, I was certainly in the crowd.

One of the best pictures ever was in the Sentinel the next day, the picture from the student union? Featured Gato78, 'Laz-Hey' and Fisco. The first two were up with fists raised, the third was barely able to look up from his hipper of schnapps.

Oh wait, found it... Thank you public library archives!

Last edited by IWB; 03-29-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

You guys burn any couches, or just a parking meter?

All parking meters were toast and most street signs. I had nothing to do with it. Caribou may have...
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson