Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: MU vs Penn State Game Thread

She was an absolute psycho.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Heldt was awful tonite. Did almost nothing. Harry could have contributed, but...............
    We were talking about that during the game. Would it have hurt to put Harry in and try to draw the Penn State bigs away from the hoop? Harry is the only center we have with any offensive skills.
    Heldt didn't score, and doesn't look to shoot. John isn't offensive at all, and was getting beat on D too. Why not give Harry a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I was across court so I couldn't hear them, but there was a player's mom that was constantly taunting the student section. Parents should cheer for their kids and their teammates, but when you have a parent talking trash and taunting students? Absurd, but the more I see out there the more I worry that it is becoming the norm.
    I saw that last night. One does have to wonder if a student started it. That women was a bit too weird. Seemed like she wanted to start something.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Why not give Harry a few minutes.
    One would think Harry made it clear that he is leaving the team weeks back?

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    I saw that last night. One does have to wonder if a student started it. That women was a bit too weird. Seemed like she wanted to start something.
    I sat right across from the mom. She was the instigator with the student section--no question.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I sat right across from the mom. She was the instigator with the student section--no question.
    I was in section 115, which was the section across the Penn State section. She did look like the instigator. I thought I was seeing things.

I am often critical of a fan base that seems to be apathetic, even in big games. The three NIT games provided a different perspective - an enthusiastic fan base that has been watching games in a less-than-ideal environment. Yesterday's game provided some great examples. Fans were paying $75 for a general admission ticket to an NIT game. The crowd was in the game from start to finish, including a pretty raucous student section on the northern end. With the team down double-digits with minutes to go, hardly anyone was heading for the exits. Instead, the crowd erupted at any sign of positive momentum, and the team seemed to feed off the energy. Probably one of my favorite reactions came near the end of the game, when Theo John missed Rowsey on back-to-back outlet passes. As Theo headed to the bench with his head down, it wouldn't have been surprising to see less favorable reactions from the fans sitting near the bench. Instead, it seemed like that entire corner got off their seats to cheer him on and try to pick him up. I wasn't there to see this, but it was pretty cool to see (via twitter) how Rowsey left the court for the last time to the fans (mostly students) chanting his name despite a tough loss. If nothing else (aside from me realizing Big East refs may not be so bad after all), these last three games gave me an appreciation for the subgroup of very passionate fans ready for MU take a step forward next year.
    Last edited by 21rooster; 03-21-2018 at 01:16 PM.

One thing that puzzled us during the comeback last night was that Matt Heldt stayed in the game. We were talking about putting Elliott in to help make the press more effective with his length and quickness. At it was, Heldt was doing nothing on either end (though that was true the entire time he played last night). Meanwhile, Elliot was on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    I was across, you looked to be next too the Penn State section
    https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/sta...81527649648641

I saw him - I think he meant "right across the aisle"

And you can see her in that picture...

Rowsey.jpg
    Last edited by IWB; 03-21-2018 at 04:08 PM.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast