Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Harvard Thread

Guys, Marquette is pretty banged up and things could get ugly against Oregon. Dana Altman has a lot of healthy athletic, long bodies to throw at the Golden Eagles. The Duck are young and many times do not play as a team but that may not matter simply because of the numbers issue. Wojo gambled on a short roster this season. Cheatham's early exit, Morrow sitting out a transfer year, Eke redshirting and waiting for Froling to become eligible. (something is going on there so that short things even more.

I had a front row seat for the Oregon/Rider game. Rider lead until the last five or six minutes and ran out of gas. The Ducks pressed the entire game and got hot from outside in the late going. Rider is a solid deep and well coached team. They lost because of the Oregon depth and athleticism.

I'm just hopeful the Marquette players can get healthy without any major glitches. I think Wojo has ridden this pony about as far as it can go under the circumstances.

I will be surprised if Sam plays anymore. Cain limped off in the 4th quarter and never appeared again on the bench. Greg couldn’t move out on the court his ankle was so bad. Howard was banged up as well.

Altman will see how we handled the press at the end of the game and employ a similar strategy against a possible 7-8 man team of which 3 are freshman and 3 are centers. Not a good combination.

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    They do alot MVC basketball. Also, OVC and Horizon League.
    The analyst was up on all things Marquette going back to early Al days.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    The analyst was up on all things Marquette going back to early Al days.
    It's funny, on the "other board" in every dam game people bitch about the tv crew doing the game. Now, I was at the game, so I didn't listen to any of the board cast but I know both of their work very well. Mark Adams voice gets to me at times because he shouts too much. He is a supporter for the non-power 5 schools big-time. also, has been working at ESPN for years now. I'm sure the boardcast was more than fine last night.
    March Madness starts in November

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234