Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Marquette vs Villanova Game thread BIG EAST Tourney

ND rolled by Duke......so,I guess they only get a 5 seed now hey ESPN?

Man Villanova was on a roll and my hats off to them. I'm not going to blame MU for it's play tonight. Sometimes you just have to admire how the other team plays.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Man Villanova was on a roll and my hats off to them. I'm not going to blame MU for it's play tonight. Sometimes you just have to admire how the other team plays.
    Nova was just in a zone in the 2nd half. What it was.

Quote Originally Posted by DCwarrior View Post
    Nobody could beat Nova tonight
    Yeah, they are still my favorite to win it all.

It was like watching MU vs Kentucky in 2003........or Kansas vs MU in final 4

When great teams get on a roll like that not much you can do. Nova is better then MU at every position with exception of Howard at the 2 and even that matchup isn't a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Nova was just in a zone in the 2nd half. What it was.
    I haven't seen them (or anyone) shoot like that since Rollie Massimino was their coach.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    It was like watching MU vs Kentucky in 2003........or Kansas vs MU in final 4
    Was in a bar in Chicago watching and the KU game was the consensus, although for the first 15 minutes it had the upset vibe for MU. The "Bridges may be the next Kawhi Leonard" talk might not be too far fetched.

Very hard to dislike the Nova program - a program that MU can aspire to.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Was in a bar in Chicago watching and the KU game was the consensus, although for the first 15 minutes it had the upset vibe for MU. The "Bridges may be the next Kawhi Leonard" talk might not be too far fetched.

Very hard to dislike the Nova program - a program that MU can aspire to.
    I know I have said it many times, but I really like and respect Jay Wright. He is a class act and has a class program. I have felt that way from the first year MU joined the BE.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I know I have said it many times, but I really like and respect Jay Wright. He is a class act and has a class program. I have felt that way from the first year MU joined the BE.
    My wife asked me last night why I was so quiet watching the game and I told her that Villanova is just so damn good and I respect their players and respect their coach. I even told her I didn't think MU was playing that bad, so I was just admiring their play.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    My wife asked me last night why I was so quiet watching the game and I told her that Villanova is just so damn good and I respect their players and respect their coach. I even told her I didn't think MU was playing that bad, so I was just admiring their play.
    Agree as well. The usual layup lines aside, MU really did not play all that poorly. Nova was simply too good once it got going last night. Just hard to hate Nova. Hope they like us when we start beating them next year.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast