Thread: DePaul

I am no fan of JLP, but I tend to agree with her. I think things are getting better at DPU though incrementally. They only lose the big C MAric this year so will have everyone back including Devin Gage who was a promising Guard who was injured earlier.

Now, enough to get the in the top tier in the BE, maybe not, but if they can get to 7-9 wins, they can start building something. Leitao is a good coach (ran some beautiful plays in the 2nd H) and will get them back to respectability soon.

Quote Originally Posted by IrwinFletcher View Post
    I am no fan of JLP, but I tend to agree with her. I think things are getting better at DPU though incrementally. They only lose the big C MAric this year so will have everyone back including Devin Gage who was a promising Guard who was injured earlier.

Now, enough to get the in the top tier in the BE, maybe not, but if they can get to 7-9 wins, they can start building something. Leitao is a good coach (ran some beautiful plays in the 2nd H) and will get them back to respectability soon.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...307-story.html

Well, I have to disagree. Preaching "patience" is so condescending I don't even know where to start. Two NCAA games in 25 years.

Patience? We have fans ready to dismiss Wojo because we are on the bubble in year 4. They have decades of mediocrity. They need to be less patient.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Patience? We have fans ready to dismiss Wojo because we are on the bubble in year 4. They have decades of mediocrity. They need to be less patient.
    Some of the Marquette fans are really pissing me off. They just don't seem to understand college basketball and don't have any patience.

In JLP's tenure, DePaul has had four coaches and made it to the NCAA Tourney once.

In that same time frame UIC has made it to the dance twice.

If you had an athletic director that had been on duty for 16 years and your #1 primary focus sport had 1 trip to the dance? or 1 bowl game? Do you think that AD would still be around?

In the 16 years that JLP has been at DePaul, Big East teams have been to the dance...

Xavier - 13 times
    Villanova - 12 times
    Marquette - 10 times
    Butler - 10 times
    Georgetown - 8 times
    Creighton - 7 times
    Providence - 4 times
    Seton Hall - 4 times
    St. John's - 2 times
    DePaul - 1 time
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post

Xavier - 13 times
    Villanova - 12 times
    Marquette - 10 times
    Butler - 10 times
    Georgetown - 8 times
    Creighton - 7 times
    Providence - 4 times
    Seton Hall - 4 times
    St. John's - 2 times
    DePaul - 1 time
    Looking at the 10 BE teams, Xavier and Creighton are the only ones never having been in the FF and Xavier has the most tourney wins with 27 of those teams that haven't. Not too shabby. Just some fun facts for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Some of the Marquette fans are really pissing me off. They just don't seem to understand college basketball and don't have any patience.
    It's really been the same with each of the coaches. The difference is the others were getting into the tourney regularly, Wojo is just getting to that level. There were many frustrated with Crean early on (all the way through, really). Just not as vocal with the Wade years. Started heating up a bit again, then with the triplets, quieted down a bit again.

Same held true with Buzz. Comes with the territory.