Thread: OT: Stoneman Douglas victim to be buried in Wade Heat Jersey

OT: Stoneman Douglas victim to be buried in Wade Heat Jersey

Dwyane Wade on Stoneman Douglas victim being buried in his jersey: ‘It’s emotional even thinking about that’

Wow.

MIAMI — Dwyane Wade has repeatedly said over his NBA career that his life is bigger than basketball.

On Sunday, he was reminded that’s still the case when he learned that one of the 17 people killed in the Parkland school shooting on Feb. 14 was buried wearing his Heat jersey. The parents of Joaquin Oliver revealed Sunday on the Univision talk show Al Punto that their son was buried wearing his Wade jersey.

“You’re about to make me cry this afternoon,” Wade tweeted Sunday when learning this.

After Monday’s practice at AmericanAirlines Arena, Wade had more to say.

“You really can’t put that in words,” he said. “You hurt for the family and if you’re able to get an opportunity to speak to them, you just try to hope that the time where he was alive, that you was able to bring some form of joy to his life and something memorable, a story that you guys can talk about.

“I don’t even know the word for it. Like I retweeted on Twitter, I said, ‘You’re going to make me cry.’ It’s emotional even thinking about that, that his parents felt that burying him in my jersey is something that he wanted. I take a lot of pride in what I’ve done in this state and what I’ve meant for the youth, so I appreciate
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Just an update. In the first home game since the funeral, Wade scores 15 of the team's last 17 points, including the game winner with 5 seconds left.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

That is pretty cool.