Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Colorado State Opening

OT - Colorado State Opening

http://mwwire.com/2018/02/09/colorad...ames-to-watch/

This could get interesting. Not to the level of Jackie Robinson, but substantive nonetheless IMO.

Of course we all know the ties to Colorado State with Buzz and Cottingham, maybe a current or former Buzz assistant gets a shot at that?

Will Brad Autry get a shot?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Of course we all know the ties to Colorado State with Buzz and Cottingham, maybe a current or former Buzz assistant gets a shot at that?

Will Brad Autry get a shot?
    Steve is more on the business/legal side of the CSU athletic department. Don’t know that he would have much of a voice in a coaching search.

Steve will have a lot of input. He is firmly #2.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    Steve will have a lot of input. He is firmly #2.
    Yes, I see now that he is the primary administrator for men’s basketball as well as deputy AD.

When I read the title, I thought Marquette was opening the new arena versus Colorado State.
    March Madness starts in November

That would be awesome if they picked Hammon, and I would instantly become a Ram fan. Not a huge NBA person, but know how well regarded she is there, and believe that being an alum helps overcome an obstacle in place elsewhere (and this is about the right level as well, a good league but not the pressure of the top 7 leagues).
    #BringShakaHome

I attended my freshman year there before transferring back to MU to finish up, would be cool to see them make history this way.

My question if I'm at Colorado State is, do you think she could recruit 16 and 17 year old kids (and just as importantly, influence their AAU coaches) to come and play for her?
    I don't doubt her coaching ability if you guys say she is well regarded, but most of college hoops is recruiting and I'd be concerned with the recruiting angle.

Agree with Goo - She can coach, no question, but college basketball is all about recruiting and many times, dealing with the AAU coaches. Will she be able to do that? No one knows and it is a might big chance to take.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast