Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kidd fired, Prunty to take over as Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Will they make a move before end of season or will Prunty finish season? How many quality coaches are out there now without a job?

Will it be a current assistant, college coach or a 'name'?

My guess is that the Bucks owners will go after a name.
    I'd probably say no permanent hiring during the season. You'd want to look at both levels and hire the best. Definitely a splash is what they want, especially with the new arena....I guess that rules out Larry Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    They just fired Mark Jackson II.
    Agreed, living out here in GSW territory, the comparisons are warranted, the X's and O's are so basic, pick and roll, 2 man game. Did not get along with admin. Curry, Thompson loved him. To turn over the keys to a Mercedes, you got to hire someone that can handle it....based on the past, Mark Jackson won't be able to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
    I'd probably say no permanent hiring during the season. You'd want to look at both levels and hire the best. Definitely a splash is what they want, especially with the new arena....I guess that rules out Larry Drew.
    NBA teams have been inquiring about Jay Wright, especially since the 2016 national championship. As a Big East and Nova fan (when not playing MU), I hope he stays at Nova. Rick Pitino is available .

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    NBA teams have been inquiring about Jay Wright, especially since the 2016 national championship. As a Big East and Nova fan (when not playing MU), I hope he stays at Nova. Rick Pitino is available .
    If Wright ever had NBA aspirations, this is probably as good as it gets.

Kidd was looking to be fired with his constant talking about how young the team was, and that expectations should be tempered. They were under performing. I am not big on Gery Woelful, but I think he nailed this one. I don't think the players responded to him. He also mentioned that one advanced scout felt he was the worst coach in the league, and another thought he was the second worst. I agree with those assessments. Just a terrible coach. He needed to be fired two years ago. I think he would have been gone after last season but only two of three primary owners agreed.

Here is an article on Budenholzer. I'm not sure who the Bucks should hire, but I do know that they have to get the hire of the next coach right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dc327dea17cc

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Here is an article on Budenholzer. I'm not sure who the Bucks should hire, but I do know that they have to get the hire of the next coach right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.dc327dea17cc
    I like the sound of this, "And, frankly, his acumen is exactly what the Bucks need. The thing that proved to be a hallmark of Budenholzer’s time with the Hawks was his ability to develop and improve talent. That was the case year after year, as “Hawks University” refined one player after another and took their games to a new level."

I wouldn't mind Budenholzer. 17 years as an assistant coach under Popovich in San Antonio (championships in 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007). Coach of the Year in his 2nd season with the Atlanta Hawks, going 60-22.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...udenmi99c.html

More on Budenholzer with a mention of Doc Rivers.

https://nypost.com/2018/04/30/the-te...site%20buttons
    Last edited by mufan2003; 05-01-2018 at 02:43 PM.

The more I read about Budenholzer, the more I like him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12