Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kidd fired, Prunty to take over as Head Coach

Could be an attractive position this offseason.

Maybe they'll bring back Larry Drew.

Definitely the top open spot. Giannis signed long term. HC's around the league are probably figuring out how to get to Milwaukee.

This seemed to be coming for a while now. Initially, I liked the Kidd hire thinking he would bring credibility and be able to attract players to Milwaukee. Giannis is now the "face of the franchise" to attract players and Kidd became expendable. Never thought Kidd was a good in-game coach and always seemed to have a laissez-faire attitude during games.

Sounds like Kidd's strong relationship with ownership (Marc Lasry specifically) had deteriorated. Giannis is supposedly devastated but there are rumors that Kidd and Parker barely talked. Speculation that Kidd was pushing a trade of Parker (for DeAndre Jordan?).

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/jason-kidd-firing/

Monty Williams, David Fizdale are a couple names.

Will they make a move before end of season or will Prunty finish season? How many quality coaches are out there now without a job?

Will it be a current assistant, college coach or a 'name'?

My guess is that the Bucks owners will go after a name.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

How about Mark Jackson?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    How about Mark Jackson?
    I always liked Mark Jackson. He would certainly be available immediately. Monty Williams is currently on the Spurs staff, which is a great organization to learn from. Williams was also HC of the Pelicans for 5 years. There were high expectations for this season, so I can't imagine they would not have a plan in place upon letting Kidd go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    How about Mark Jackson?
    They just fired Mark Jackson II.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast