Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Lid Lifter

The problem is getting a school to come in for the first game of the season in a hostile environment and probably take a loss. Who would be willing to do that absent unique circumstances or a lot of money? I am willing to bet we start against a cream puff and knowing we are recruiting Baldwin's kid, UWM makes some sense.
    Last edited by Gato78; 01-21-2018 at 07:10 PM.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    The problem is getting a school to come in for the first game of the season in a hostile environment and probably take a loss. Who would be willing to do that absent unique circumstances or a lot of money? I am willing to bet we start against a cream puff and knowing we are recruiting Baldwin's kid, UWM makes some sense.
    I doubt it would make any difference of the recruitment of Baldwin Jr. Move on to something better.

Not necessarily about the recruitment, it is about the relationships.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

I agree with you and that is why we can likely rule out the MSU, Arizona or Kentucky, unless they ware willing to do a home and home.

So Who would be willing to do it? The Teacher helping out his student who called and asked for a favor.

I think we can rule Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, and Kansas all out. The Champions Classic is on November 6 with Duke vs Kentucky and Michigan State vs Kansas. I'm sure that Marquette will be playing that night, so unless we do a neutral or road opener, it has to be someone other than those four.

Not necessarily about the recruitment, it is about the relationships.
    That goes rather hand-in-hand.........

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    I think we can rule Duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, and Kansas all out. The Champions Classic is on November 6 with Duke vs Kentucky and Michigan State vs Kansas. I'm sure that Marquette will be playing that night, so unless we do a neutral or road opener, it has to be someone other than those four.
    Let's go head to head w/ the 1%ers and host a double header that same night - Nova vs Zona in the opener and MU vs the UCLANS in nightcap - MU agrees to play @ UCLA the next season.

I know, we'd get slammed in the ratings, but maybe hold it the next night or something. Just a thought.

Actually UWM would not be a bad choice

UWM is always harping for a game. This is a new arena in Milwaukee and an asset to the city. The argument has been made that having the two teams in the same city playing one another just makes sense. So here is a game that would make sense. For Marquette, it would be a guarantee game. For UWM, it would be a chance to make a few bucks without having to leave town and a chance for some favorable publicity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12