Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Inside Marquette"

"Inside Marquette"

Watched "Inside Marquette" last night. One statement - by DK - stands out above everything else (and there were quite a few things that stood out).

DK said that he had had the opportunity to observe a practice, and after watching he concluded that in his opinion Ed Morrow was the best player on the court. (One segment last night was about Morrow.)

Wojo responded with this huge grin. He didn't fall into the trap of replying directly to DK's comment, but he did say that EM is a very talented player and the staff can not wait until he is eligible.

We lose Rowsey next year, which will be a significant loss. But the idea that Morrow may, overall, be "better" than anyone else on the present roster is certainly reason for MU fans to feel optimistic about next year and the year after.

The person interviewing EM in that segment mentioned that he (Morrow) has reportedly been working on his outside shot to complement his inside game, and EM confirmed that that report was true. I have no idea how that will play out, but I am really looking forward to watching Morrow the next two years.

By the way, another segment was on Greg Elliot, and it, too, was excellent. GE is very well-spoken, very articulate and very thoughtful. He talked about MU's family atmosphere and how comfortable he felt at MU both on his official visit and once he enrolled.

If people have not yet seen the last "IM" I recommend they do. If they are not in Milwaukee (Channel 32), they can probably see it on YouTube.

Phantom thanks for the recap. Unfortunately, living in Atlanta I no longer get access to this show since it's move to Spectrum. I did check You Tube and there are some clips (albeit from year's past). I've said numerous times that MU doesn't account for their audience outside of Wisconsin. When this show was syndicated I was able to watch it on SNY and other regional sports networks that carried Big East hoops. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case. Hopefully, at some point they'll remedy this situation at some point.

I know I mentioned this is another thread, but someone with the program did tell me that in practices Ed Morrow is the one who is emerging as the leader of the team.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Excited for Theo and Ed having some run together next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MulliganMusings View Post
    Phantom thanks for the recap. Unfortunately, living in Atlanta I no longer get access to this show since it's move to Spectrum. I did check You Tube and there are some clips (albeit from year's past). I've said numerous times that MU doesn't account for their audience outside of Wisconsin. When this show was syndicated I was able to watch it on SNY and other regional sports networks that carried Big East hoops. Unfortunately, that is no longer the case. Hopefully, at some point they'll remedy this situation at some point.
    Second this, and I only live in Chicago, you would think any free publicity would be good publicity, especially in a large city so close to campus.

Theo and Ed "The Bruise Brothers"

To play devils advocate...we are 297th in Def 2p FG%. Of course he looks good.

Awesome stat Alex - thanks for bumming me out!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

So You're saying there's room to grow? ;-)

The interview with Ed was very impressive. Seems like a mature, intelligent guy. Can definitely see how he would emerge as a leader.

One thing that really struck me is when he was asked who he models his game after, he mentioned Kenneth Faried. A guy known for energy, defense, and rebounding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast