Thread: Dwight Buycks

Dwight Buycks

With the strange twists that we are seeing with Jamil Wilson & the Clippers going from starter to being out on the street, lets not forget to give some credit to Dwight Buycks who is getting some run with the Pistons.

After scoring 16 pts in their last game, in six games with the Pistons Buycks is now averaging 13.9 minutes, 7.2 points and 2.5 assist per game. He is also shooting 51.4% from the field and 50% from 3pt.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

The problem with Wilson was that he was good enough to earn time, but not good enough to get his contract guaranteed considering all the injuries they had at the guard position. My guess is that he will resign with the Clippers G-league team today. Not sure what that means for his 2-way contract though. My guess is that he would need a 10 day contract to join the team again.

Yep - I get all of the press releases from the Bucks. I usually post them on our Bucks board, but the past few days was crazy, especially as it pertains to the two way contracts. I was getting release after release of waiving, signing, assigning, re-assigning. The 2 way contracts are great for players like Wilson and Buycks, but I bet they will become a pain in the neck for GMs.

We talked about Wilson last week. If they had a few days between games they would reassign him to the G-League team and bring him back three days later just so those three days of down time didn't count against his 45.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Apparently Wilson is getting interest from the Lakers.....expected to sign a 10 day with them.

Forward Jamil Wilson is signing a 10-day contract with the Lakers, league sources tell ESPN. He's expected to sign Wednesday, play Thursday. Wilson averaged 7 points and 43 percent three-point shooting on a two-way with Clippers.

James Edwards III‏Verified account
    @JLEdwardsIII
    Follow Follow @JLEdwardsIII
    More
    #Pistons’ SVG said they’ve decided to give Dwight Buycks the open main roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    James Edwards III‏Verified account
    @JLEdwardsIII
    Follow Follow @JLEdwardsIII
    More
    #Pistons’ SVG said they’ve decided to give Dwight Buycks the open main roster spot.
    Pistons playing in Chicago tomorrow evening - looking forward to watching DW. Maybe Henry can get some PT - less than 20 minutes PT in '18.

Why does good news always have to followed by bad news?

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los...way-contracts/

Quote Originally Posted by Markedman View Post
    Why does good news always have to followed by bad news?

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-los...way-contracts/
    Every time I watch the Lakers I keep doing a double take because Josh Hart and Vander could be twins.