Thread: Women now playing on FS2

Women now playing on FS2

Against Creighton.

Caught most of the second half. Man, that team is fun to watch. The way they play is exactly how I hope the men's team will eventually play. Blockton, Willborn, Heidemann, King, and Davenport are terrific athletes who are also skilled. Elliot and Cain can play the same style the women play. Would love to see a few more superior athletes join them the next few years.

Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite MU teams of all time in terms of athleticism - Lloyd, Butch, Earl, Bo, and Jerome. Al didn't like that style but imagine that group pressing full court and running the break after turnovers and rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    Caught most of the second half. Man, that team is fun to watch. The way they play is exactly how I hope the men's team will eventually play. Blockton, Willborn, Heidemann, King, and Davenport are terrific athletes who are also skilled. Elliot and Cain can play the same style the women play. Would love to see a few more superior athletes join them the next few years.

Kind of reminds me of one of my favorite MU teams of all time in terms of athleticism - Lloyd, Butch, Earl, Bo, and Jerome. Al didn't like that style but imagine that group pressing full court and running the break after turnovers and rebounds.
    Phantom, you definitely saw a good half as they really dominated Creighton after a fairly even 1st half. 1st ever win At Sokol arena in Omaha. What I really liked was how Coach Keiger got several younger players involved. They also appear to be quite talented(Lott, Van Kleunen, Spingola and Anderson). This should keep our Junior core fresh as the season grinds on. Am definitely hopeful for a second weekend appearance in the tournament this season.

I wish I had seen the game against DePaul, but I forgot to tivo it.

By the way, it was kind of shocking looking at Creighton's roster. I believe every player on the team is white - not a black player to be seen. For a minute I thought I had entered a time warp - Back to the Future - to early 1950s. To see an all-white roster in 2018 seems bizarre.

I also like how aggressive Keiger scheduled this year. Played 5 Top 25 programs all on the road or neutral sites. Were competitive in all of them, though they were all losses.

Hope that experience helps them down the road in March as that is the next hump to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Warrior View Post
    I wish I had seen the game against DePaul, but I forgot to tivo it.

By the way, it was kind of shocking looking at Creighton's roster. I believe every player on the team is white - not a black player to be seen. For a minute I thought I had entered a time warp - Back to the Future - to early 1950s. To see an all-white roster in 2018 seems bizarre.
    They have 2 African-American players. Roster is made up of suburban and rural kids from the midwest, probably not unlike the regular student body at Creighton. They have one kid from Colorado, one from OKC, one from Kansas and one from Nebraska. The rest are from Iowa, Illinois and Minnesota. The head recruiter is from Iowa, went to Drake, and has coached at North Dakota, Drake, SLU and MN-Duluth. It's just a guess, but I suspect that at many athletic programs, most of the teams are more reflective of a school's student body than the men's bball and football programs are.