Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marquette vs Xavier Game Thead

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Love J.P. He is Xavier's Andrew Rowsey but he is 8 inches taller and much more versitile. Does all the little things that you might not see on a stat sheet and rarely makes a mistake.
    JP is a punk just like you and Coach Mack.

AlphaBangura will take that as a compliment.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Gato78 View Post
    AlphaBangura will take that as a compliment.
    Who said I meant it as an insult

While watching on TV, I first thought Rowsey kicked Macura and that Rowsey had been hit with the T. Then they showed the replay from a different view and it looked like Froling moderately pushed Macura at the very most. Macura's reaction was ridiculous, but for 1 of the 3 experienced refs to even call a T on that was even more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Love J.P. He is Xavier's Andrew Rowsey but he is 8 inches taller and much more versitile. Does all the little things that you might not see on a stat sheet and rarely makes a mistake.
    I said last night that Macura and Rowsey are the same - you love 'em on your team, hate 'em on the other!

Before the tip, they were next to each other and had quite a chat. Seemed like they had some kind of friendship by the way they were acting.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    While watching on TV, I first thought Rowsey kicked Macura and that Rowsey had been hit with the T. Then they showed the replay from a different view and it looked like Froling moderately pushed Macura at the very most. Macura's reaction was ridiculous, but for 1 of the 3 experienced refs to even call a T on that was even more ridiculous.
    Agree Ted. Don't these refs know coming into a game about the product on the floor they will be overseeing? Isn't it pretty obvious that a player like Brad Davisson and JP Macura flop throughout the game and every time they do it, the refs should be certain it was actually a charge or a typical flop from those guys. I just think the refs rewarding plays like that are part of the problem. Don't call it and it will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    Was it Eades who called the T on Frohling? Eades was absolutely awful last night. Driscoll & Clougherty were fine.
    90% of quotes on the internet are wrong.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Macura certainly sold the shove from Froling to the fullest degree, but I am fine with the T there. Any time you push a player after the whistle, you risk getting a T (and well, when a player sells the push like he has WWE in his future, it's always getting called).
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by MayorBeluga View Post
    Was it Eades who called the T on Frohling? Eades was absolutely awful last night. Driscoll & Clougherty were fine.
    Eades was horrid and I believe made the initial call on Rowsey, but I thought Clougherty called the T.

Quote Originally Posted by MUMac View Post
    I said last night that Macura and Rowsey are the same - you love 'em on your team, hate 'em on the other!

Before the tip, they were next to each other and had quite a chat. Seemed like they had some kind of friendship by the way they were acting.
    I'm not sure if it was friendship......they were chirping at each other all game, I kept waiting for a T to happen, just didn't expect it be on Froling, thought it would be whoever lost their cool first between Rousey and Macura.

He's a good player, but he could play for some of Bo Ryan's Wisconsin teams they way he acted out there, was doing it all game and the refs ate it up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast