Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marquette vs Xavier Game Thead

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    Macura certainly sold the shove from Froling to the fullest degree, but I am fine with the T there. Any time you push a player after the whistle, you risk getting a T (and well, when a player sells the push like he has WWE in his future, it's always getting called).
    I disagree. It was a total non-call moment-Macura's momentum was coming into Rowswey. Frolling was stepping in to pick Rowsey up and gave Macura a bit of a nudge. Give a warning or whatever. Would have rather they went to the film to determine if it warranted a T or not (not sure if they can even do that?). I believe they went to the film to determine who got the T?

Refs have to be more disciplined also, just like the players. They have to know a player like Macura sells crap like that and not take the bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    I disagree. It was a total non-call moment-Macura's momentum was coming into Rowswey. Frolling was stepping in to pick Rowsey up and gave Macura a bit of a nudge. Give a warning or whatever. Would have rather they went to the film to determine if it warranted a T or not (not sure if they can even do that?). I believe they went to the film to determine who got the T?

Refs have to be more disciplined also, just like the players. They have to know a player like Macura sells crap like that and not take the bait.
    Have not watched the replay on my DVR, but that’s what I saw at the BC last night. I.E., Harry trying to pick up Rowsey and Macura got his nose into things. Very poor call by the refs.

If you do not a call a T there, you're begging for a worse altercation later in the game. Not real mad at Froling for sticking up for Rowsey, but if the shoe is on the other foot, there would be an outcry for a T on the Xavier player.
    #BringShakaHome

Harry just can't put himself in that situation. Get over there to pick up your teammate but you can't push or shoulder bump a guy out of the way. Sure it was a flop but if he doesn't run into him he can't sell it.

I'm sure he will learn from it but that 2 points was huge down the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Djgoldnboy View Post
    I'm not sure if it was friendship......they were chirping at each other all game, I kept waiting for a T to happen, just didn't expect it be on Froling, thought it would be whoever lost their cool first between Rousey and Macura.

He's a good player, but he could play for some of Bo Ryan's Wisconsin teams they way he acted out there, was doing it all game and the refs ate it up.
    Well, the way they embraced and talked prior to the tip was much more like a friendship. On the court, the competitor takes over in each.

I was guessing they were talking about how much fun each of them had taunting the UW student section. Rowsey "Hey JP really loved that Gator chomp you did in Madsion" JP " Thanks man...saw you guys blew them out and had some fun of your own with those jerks"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123