Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big East Games this Weekend

Providence looking all kinds of crappy against Stoneybrook. Down 5 in the 2nd half with Cartwright going down with a twisted ankle.

Thank God that the Hall and PC pulled their games out - ugly city for the BE this weekend. Thought DePaul was going to pull it out in spite of the horrific foul shooting.

I'll give a bit of a pass on Hall, as that's a rivalry game (where records can be thrown out the window a bit), and I like what Steve Pikiell is building at Rutgers. Hall should have won that game, especially when they controlled it most of the way, but I expect that Rutgers knocks off a couple of other good B1G teams in the RAC.
    #BringShakaHome

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan4life View Post
    I'll give a bit of a pass on Hall, as that's a rivalry game (where records can be thrown out the window a bit), and I like what Steve Pikiell is building at Rutgers. Hall should have won that game, especially when they controlled it most of the way, but I expect that Rutgers knocks off a couple of other good B1G teams in the RAC.
    Good point. IIRC, Rutgers had its highest level of attendance Saturday since 2002. It is a big rivalry game and that place was LOUD. Seton Hall has good wins over Texas Tech, @Louisville and VCU. Losing a true road game is not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    Good point. IIRC, Rutgers had its highest level of attendance Saturday since 2002. It is a big rivalry game and that place was LOUD. Seton Hall has good wins over Texas Tech, @Louisville and VCU. Losing a true road game is not the end of the world.
    I maintain that the best case scenario for Seton Hall is getting Jordan Walker back healthy and allowing Carrington to play off of the ball more. Their 18 turnovers against Rutgers certainly did not help their cause.

That being said, they are still a legit top 20 team that I expect to be competing for a protected seed come March, and they have a legit chance of making it back to the second weekend for the first time since 2000.
    Last edited by warriorfan4life; 12-18-2017 at 03:22 PM.
    #BringShakaHome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12