Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jabari Parker

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Early reports are that Parker has improved his outside shooting. That is something this team needs. I still think they need to go out and find a journeyman center who can play 12 - 15 minutes a game and get rebounds and protect the rim. Henson and Maker don't do it for me.
    Hope so. He went from 26% in 15-16 to shooting 37% last season from 3 (before getting injured in February). IMO, you have to surround Giannis with shooters. Middleton and Snell check that box, but Bledsoe is a career 33% shooter from 3 and is shooting only 32% from 3 this season. Bledsoe offers a lot of other positives, so not necessarily knocking him, but the 3 ball is so important in today's NBA. With the amount of time Giannis spends with the ball in his hands, an improved outside shot from Parker would be very helpful.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...parkeja01.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com...bledser01.html

Exciting to hear that Jabari will return this Friday against the Knicks. I am sure there will be rust, but this sure sounds encouraging.

“He progressed really quickly in the early phases of his rehab, which is really nice," Bucks director of performance Troy Flanagan told the Journal Sentinel. "In the first ACL rehab, he had a fair bit of patellar tendinitis which slowed the whole thing down a little bit even though he did come back reasonably early. We saw a great progression early in this rehab that allowed us to really capitalize on his fitness.

"He’s faster than he’s ever been, he’s stronger than he’s ever been and he’s leaner than he’s ever been. I’m really happy with how he’s come back and his fitness levels. He’ll still need a little bit more game fitness, but we spent the past six weeks trying to give him as much game play as we possibly could. He’ll progress up in minutes fairly quickly.”

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ks/1077125001/

Jabari is costing himself $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with every minute he spends on the floor. His lack of hustle, defense and just poor attitude on the floor and bench shows.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    Jabari is costing himself $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ with every minute he spends on the floor. His lack of hustle, defense and just poor attitude on the floor and bench shows.
    Agree completely. He was dominant the last few games of the season. What the heck happened?

Quote Originally Posted by shaquilvaine View Post
    Agree completely. He was dominant the last few games of the season. What the heck happened?
    Not a good time for him to play with exhibition game type effort. I thought he could be a difference maker in this series. Step up and show you deserve the money.

It only takes one, but not sure which team out there will be ready to give him multi years at big bucks.

Jabari has turned it around the last 4 games. Good to see.

So do the Bucks match, try to do a sign and trade, or let him walk for nothing.

I want them to keep Jabari. I know he may not be as good as advertised, especially after the two injuries, but he has something that no one else in the NBA has...

The desire to play in Milwaukee. The Bucks have a history of over paying free agents just to get them to come to Milwaukee. He wants to be here. He is converting an abandoned company into his home. He stays here in the off season and wants to continue to live and play here.

Anyone you replace him with, anyone, will really truly want to be elsewhere.

Jabari wants to be here.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    I want them to keep Jabari. I know he may not be as good as advertised, especially after the two injuries, but he has something that no one else in the NBA has...

The desire to play in Milwaukee. The Bucks have a history of over paying free agents just to get them to come to Milwaukee. He wants to be here. He is converting an abandoned company into his home. He stays here in the off season and wants to continue to live and play here.

Anyone you replace him with, anyone, will really truly want to be elsewhere.

Jabari wants to be here.
    Everything will come down to money. If someone offers him more than Giannis and for 4 years, hard to match that kind of contract.
    I'd like to see him stay if his attitude is right and he can move forward, but at the right price.

I would like to see Jabari stay in Milwaukee, but at a fair price. The Bucks have Parker's "Bird Rights," so they can exceed the cap to sign him. I worry a bit about the chemistry with Giannis in the starting lineup. The Bucks need to add more shooting/scoring around Giannis this offseason. The Bucks' lack of offense against a set defense was exposed in the series against Boston.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 04-30-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast