Thread: Bob Knight Didn't Respect Wooden.....

Bob Knight Didn't Respect Wooden.....

because of Wooden's recruiting.

I don't respect Knight because he's a Grade A A------.

God, was he great TV!!
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    God, was he great TV!!

Maybe for the first year or two. Then he was mailing it in.

You could always tell when someone paid off a recruit and stole him away from Indiana because Knight would let you know about it.
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by TedBaxter View Post
    because of Wooden's recruiting.

I don't respect Knight because he's a Grade A A------.
    Yep. Always remember being on a loaded elevator at the Peachtree Plaza Hotel in Atlanta in March, 1977 while he was telling his then wife to shut the f*ck up. Everybody just stopped talking. Guy is a jerk.

I think there was always the idea that UCLA, during the Wooden era, was not exactly following all of the rules for recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think there was always the idea that UCLA, during the Wooden era, was not exactly following all of the rules for recruiting.
    Wooden just did not pay attention to what booster Sam Gilbert was doing....

Bob Knight not respecting someone? What a shocker! He demanded respect, but paid none. Demanded discipline, but all too often displayed none. One of the all-time putzes.

The Sam Gilbert stuff can't be denied, but don't know of any evidence of Wooden doing anything like physically assaulting one of his players...making fun of a player's stutter...hitting a policeman in Puerto Rico while there for a tourney...mixing it up with an LSU fan during the '81 FF...cursing Big Ten commissioner during a game...toss a chair across the court... rips Indiana cheerleaders for disrupting a free-throw attempt by Steve Alford...in '99 investigated for possible battery after allegedly choking a man at a restaurant...and on and on and on. I can't confirm the "getting more than busy with an IU cheerleader".

I agree with Sultan - I really enjoyed his stuff while an analyst that first year or two - always seemed to learn something, but thereafter was more focused on a quick exit post game to meet his hunting or fishing buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post

I agree with Sultan - I really enjoyed his stuff while an analyst that first year or two - always seemed to learn something, but thereafter was more focused on a quick exit post game to meet his hunting or fishing buddies.
    Really? All I remember was him wetting himself whenever there was a shot fake and then of course this gem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DOOETw9zCA