Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 UCLA Players in Police Custody in China

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Problem is, what we think of as a slap on the wrist, and what the Chinese authorities think of as a slap on the wrist may be two different things, both legally and culturally.
    No question about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    Problem is, what we think of as a slap on the wrist, and what the Chinese authorities think of as a slap on the wrist may be two different things, both legally and culturally.
    Looks like that is all they are getting.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    Looks like that is all they are getting.
    Where have you seen this? All reports I have seen have said it could take months before anything is determined.

Bleacher Report had an article earlier today that they would get 20 days of “house arrest” (whatever that means) and would be permanently banned from China. Who knows.? Will be interesting to see UCLA’s ultimate action(s).

PS, Sports Illustrated is reporting that as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Bleacher Report had an article earlier today that they would get 20 days of “house arrest” (whatever that means) and would be permanently banned from China. Who knows.? Will be interesting to see UCLA’s ultimate action(s).

PS, Sports Illustrated is reporting that as well now.

That is appropriate punishment in my mind. Now let's see what UCLA does.

Appropriate punishment? First off, its China - what do they usually do? Certainly not house arrest, from what I have read since this started, in China they may be held in prison for a month before they even go through their process. Whatever is appropriate is whatever they normally do.

Next - What is the punishment here in Milwaukee? If an adult black man shoplifts $200 worth of sunglasses and gets caught, what happens to him? Any attorneys/judges out there that know?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Appropriate punishment? First off, its China - what do they usually do? Certainly not house arrest, from what I have read since this started, in China they may be held in prison for a month before they even go through their process. Whatever is appropriate is whatever they normally do.

Next - What is the punishment here in Milwaukee? If an adult black man shoplifts $200 worth of sunglasses and gets caught, what happens to him? Any attorneys/judges out there that know?
    The police would treat him like a king.......Rodney King.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Shoplifting, with no priors, likely to end up a municipal citation. This case could end up in circuit court with a probation resolution. Could be minor jail time, but not likely, depending on factors like prior record, attitude at time of arrest etc.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

One question Gato, if an 18 year old adult does get caught shoplifting, once arrested, how long are they held before being released?
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Probably not held more than a few hours.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast