Thread: Conflict between Wade (and bench) & Crowder 9and starters)

Conflict between Wade (and bench) & Crowder 9and starters)

Interesting turn of events in Cleveland. Wonder if Wade is happy with his leaving Miami. Not a great year in Chicago and not a great start in Cleveland.

Tensions rise between bench, starters as struggling Cavaliers lose

"It's no secret we're starting games off awful," Dwyane Wade said after scoring a season-high 25 points as a reserve. "Terrible. And [Atlanta] got it going early, and the effort or the focus just wasn't there to start off, and you try to battle back, you waste a lot of energy trying to come back from 16-18 down, and it's tough nightly to do this. And we all know this. It's no secret in this locker room, but our first unit, we got to start off better."
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by pbiflyer View Post
    Interesting turn of events in Cleveland. Wonder if Wade is happy with his leaving Miami. Not a great year in Chicago and not a great start in Cleveland.
    So agree with this - made sense $ wise, but that Heat team was fun to watch last year, especially the second half of the season. Whiteside knucklehead factor went way down last year - he is a real talent. However, maybe the Heat are glad with that second half last year as they maybe feel like they weaned themselves off of depending too heavily on Wade, but would have been nice for him have one of those George Brett baseball card careers - entire career with the Heat.

Something is definitely out of sync right now with the Cavs - not ready to panic just yet I guess. In any event, do hope for a Celtics/Cavs round in the playoffs - the drama would be palpable, even for the drama filled NBA.

There are two problems with Cleveland. #1 - They don't play any defense. They are the second worst defensive team in the NBA. There is no one in the starting lineup that plays any defense. When Crowder starts they have one. That starts with their leader, and Lebron James is a sieve most nights on defense. He can bring it when he wants to, but doesn't very much.

#2) Cleveland is old

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    #2) Cleveland is old
    I hadn't realized that they were the oldest team in the league until I heard that over the weekend.

As many years as they have gone deep in the playoff (Lebron), I can easily see how the early part of the season is a drag.
    Still have to get it done, and I think they will over the long haul.