Points off Turnovers - MU 20, UWM 16
    2nd Chance Points - MU 7, UWM 3
    Fast Break Points - MU 8, UWM 8
    Bench - UWM 17, MU 9

Turnovers - MU 13, UWM 20
    Rebounds MU 29, UWM 24

Marquette 41.2% from field, 50.0% from 3pt
    UWM 47.5% from field, 23.1% from 3pt
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Final score 78-63 MU

Game MVP - Sam Hauser with 27 points (9-15 from field, 5-9 from 3, 4-4 ft 10 rebs)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Final score 78-63 MU

Game MVP - Sam Hauser with 27 points (9-15 from field, 5-9 from 3, 4-4 ft 10 rebs)
    Sam is a player that I think we all take for granted. He came in and established himself so quickly we often forget that he’s only a sophomore and can still get better. Scary to think how good he can possibly get.

Sam is a stud. Honestly, I would be surprised if Joey is better and that is not a rip on Joey. Sam is the real deal.

I was really happy with the play of Elliott. I think he can be a legitimate point. He looks like he is ready to go. Jamal Cain reminds me of Mykel Bridges at Nova. Might actually be well served to red shirt but he has grown, has incredible length and needs a little time to cooordinate his body. Theo is a decent big. I do not think he will ever be a huge scorer but he can bag and get some rebounds. I like Ike, too. He needs floor time to figure it out but he is very athletic and, as far as I can tell, is progressing defensively.
    "He understands Justice under God"--Augustus Cornelius Johnson

Had great seats for this one, and it so clear when you're in earshot how important Sam is to the team. He was calling everything out, getting guys in position, really being a leader on the floor. He's not a demonstrative guy, but a helluva competitor. Even the last two minutes he and Wojo were the two guys up on the bench, yelling out instructions to the new guys. So glad he's on our team.

Gato & 12 are correct, easy to miss how important Sam is to this team. Sam is a coach's kid. Understands the game, where people need to be what needs to get done. Every team has one of those guys. A guy might be the fourth best player on the team, but once he comes out - everything falls apart. Sam is really good, and is that guy that is more important for his leadership than his play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ganzer, "IWB" View Post
    Surprisingly small crowd. I know students are on fall break, but I thought this would be packed.
    It was bigger than I thought. Packer Sunday. Plus, many who were talking didn't think it was a game. Many thought it was going to be like what took place on Thursday at the BC, but just vs UWM.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post
    It was bigger than I thought. Packer Sunday. Plus, many who were talking didn't think it was a game. Many thought it was going to be like what took place on Thursday at the BC, but just vs UWM.
    I would agree. Also many, like myself, already had other plans or circumstances as well.
    Last edited by Nukem2; 10-23-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Panther - Good point on the practice thing, there were several people beforehand who were referring to it as a 'scrimmage', not realizing it was an actual game. Also - the students were on break.

I thought there would have been more UWM fans, but seeing how the ticket sales were released by MU season ticket holder point allotment, I wonder if many UWM fans just assumed they couldn't get any.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123