Thread: Bucks Awarded DeAndre Liggins

Bucks Awarded DeAndre Liggins

BUCKS AWARDED DEANDRE LIGGINS

MILWAUKEE (October 16, 2017) – The Milwaukee Bucks have been awarded the contract of guard/forward DeAndre Liggins on a waiver claim. Liggins was waived by the Miami Heat on Oct. 14.

Appearing in 61 games for Cleveland last season, Liggins averaged 2.4 points and 1.7 rebounds per contest. He was waived by the Cavaliers on April 9 and claimed by Dallas on April 11. He played one game for the Mavericks and recorded eight points, seven rebounds and two steals.

Liggins, 29, was drafted by Orlando with the 53rd overall selection in the 2011 NBA Draft. He has also played for Oklahoma City and Miami in the NBA and averaged 2.1 points and 1.5 rebounds in 119 career games. Liggins has played professionally in Russia and Germany (2014-15), and won a D-League (now G League) championship with the Sioux Falls Skyforce in 2016.

--Milwaukee Bucks--
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I guess that means they are out of the Richard Jefferson sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by mufansince72 View Post
    I guess that means they are out of the Richard Jefferson sweepstakes.
    I was surprised at this. I figured RJ's connection to Kidd would have made this a slam dunk.

Denver signed Jefferson.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by keyser_soze View Post
    I was surprised at this. I figured RJ's connection to Kidd would have made this a slam dunk.
    Agreed, sounded like a money issue. 2.3 million from the Nuggets. RJ probably fills the 3-4 spots and Liggins more of a 2-3. Liggins is more of a Kidd type player, versatile, long, good defender. Depth behind Snell.