Thread: Bucks Season Predictions?

Bucks Season Predictions?

With the NBA tipping off Tuesday night, what type of season will the Bucks have?

I think a reasonable goal would be the 4th seed, home-court advantage and win a playoff series. However, I am going to be bullish and predict a 47-35 record. Assuming there are no significant injuries, I think the Bucks can surpass Toronto and Washington and grab the #3 seed in the East. The Bucks win their first playoff series since 2001 but lose in the Conference Semifinals (in 7 games to Boston).

Supposedly, the Bucks' players have set a goal to reach the Eastern Conference Finals. Unlikely, but in a weaker Eastern Conference, not impossible. Looking forward to the start of the season.

44 wins and a 5/6 seed. I just don't see them as much better than they were a year ago.

I am predicting 50 wins and a battle for the 4 seed (yep, I prefer to be overly optimistic).
    Maker shows significant improvement, and will be a defensive presence. Middleton plays a full season, and that not only helps outside shooting, but also defensively.
    Full team for the second half of the season (Parker).
    I also think Giannis will take another step, get the NBA star treatment from refs, and will really fill up the stat sheet.

Maker / Giannis / Parker / Middleton / Snell / Brogdan - that will be one pretty good and long defensive team (even with Parker) and I think will cause some teams trouble.
    Decent depth with Delly, Monroe, Henson, Teletovic, and hopefully Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I am predicting 50 wins and a battle for the 4 seed (yep, I prefer to be overly optimistic).
    Maker shows significant improvement, and will be a defensive presence. Middleton plays a full season, and that not only helps outside shooting, but also defensively.
    Full team for the second half of the season (Parker).
    I also think Giannis will take another step, get the NBA star treatment from refs, and will really fill up the stat sheet.

Maker / Giannis / Parker / Middleton / Snell / Brogdan - that will be one pretty good and long defensive team (even with Parker) and I think will cause some teams trouble.
    Decent depth with Delly, Monroe, Henson, Teletovic, and hopefully Jefferson.
    I love it Goose. The East is open, why not be optimistic.
    Last edited by mufan2003; 10-18-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Beat Boston on the road - Can't win the all if you don't win the first!

Great time for the Bucks to play a game with the Celtics. The have almost an entirely new team, and haven't figured things out yet, and on top of that lose Hayward.
    Tough first month with a couple v. Boston and Cleveland, but it was a nice way to start.

The Bucks have a pretty tough schedule to open with Boston x2, Cleveland x2 and OKC all in their first 10 games. Sure Boston doesn’t have Hayward, but they still played Cleveland to the buzzer and have some talented pieces. I’m not saying Boston is still the 2nd best team in the East, but I don’t see them finishing below 5th. I’ll be happy if they come out of the first 10 at 6-4 even with the first one in the bag.

My new season long predictions:

Bucks: 48-34

1. Cleveland
    2. Washington
    3. Toronto
    4. Milwaukee
    5. Boston
    6. Philadelphia
    7. Miami
    8. Detroit
    Last edited by MKE_GoldenEagleFan; 10-19-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    44 wins and a 5/6 seed. I just don't see them as much better than they were a year ago.
    After last night, I'm revising to 80-2.

I am not one for articles by ESPN, but this is an exception. Tells the story on how the Bucks decided to go about building their team.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-take-warriors