Thread: Wayne Larrivee will join the Milwaukee Athletic Department as the play-by-play voice

Wayne Larrivee will join the Milwaukee Athletic Department as the play-by-play voice

MILWAUKEE (Oct. 10, 2017) - Wayne Larrivee will join the Milwaukee Athletic Department as the play-by-play voice of televised men's basketball games, starting with the 2017-18 season, it was announced today by Director of Athletics Amanda Braun.

Announced last month, UWM will now play its TV games on FOX Sports Wisconsin starting this season. Larrivee, well-known as the voice of the Green Bay Packers for nearly 20 years, will be the new broadcast voice for the Panthers as the program makes the move to statewide broadcast availability.

"I am looking forward to becoming a part of an up-and-coming program with the Milwaukee Panthers," Larrivee said. "The program is on a real uptick and I am excited to be joining Coach Baldwin for this opportunity."

Larrivee started his NFL*career as the radio voice of the Kansas City Chiefs in 1978. He was also with the Chicago Bears in the same role from 1985 to 1998 before joining the Packers in 1999.

"It goes without saying that we are thrilled to have Wayne join the Panthers," Braun said. "He is one of the most-recognizable broadcast voices in the state – and in the country, for that matter – and we are so happy that he has agreed to join our team as we move our TV broadcasts to FOX Sports Wisconsin. We look forward to a long and rewarding partnership and that this season is just the first of many to follow."
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

This is big - Wayne does NCAA Tournament games on Westwood One and does a fantastic job!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

I've met Wayne on several occasions - they were all Milwaukee Panther basketball games. The guy is a fan of the product, so it's no surprise we'll be seeing him on the sidelines for TV games.