Thread: Annual GM Survey

Annual GM Survey

http://www.nba.com/gmsurvey/2017#/

Bucks picked to finish 5th in the East. Giannis 2nd in voting for "player you would select if starting a franchise today." Giannis also selected as the "top international player in the NBA."

Jimmy Butler with plenty of defensive accolades. Butler is projected to have the 2nd largest impact of all off-season acquisitions (after Paul George).

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    http://www.nba.com/gmsurvey/2017#/

Bucks picked to finish 5th in the East. Giannis 2nd in voting for "player you would select if starting a franchise today." Giannis also selected as the "top international player in the NBA."

Jimmy Butler with plenty of defensive accolades. Butler is projected to have the 2nd largest impact of all off-season acquisitions (after Paul George).
    Thibs has wanted to remake that team, Rubio out, Butler in and that is huge in terms of the defensive side of the ball. Butler manning up the stronger wing....possibly even PGs, off the chart athlete in Wiggins alongside. Now Thibs can do a lot of the stuff he likes to do defensively with that stopper that he was unable to do a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Karma View Post
    Thibs has wanted to remake that team, Rubio out, Butler in and that is huge in terms of the defensive side of the ball. Butler manning up the stronger wing....possibly even PGs, off the chart athlete in Wiggins alongside. Now Thibs can do a lot of the stuff he likes to do defensively with that stopper that he was unable to do a year ago.
    I think the key to any Minnesota success will be defense, and I think Thibs will have them well positioned. The West is brutal, but I think they can make some noise as they can defend elite players.

That is the one flaw I saw with Boston. To make the NBA finals they will likely need to get past Cleveland, yet the player best positioned to try and defend Lebron was Crowder, and now he is with Cleveland. Not sure how good of a defensive team against elite offensive players Boston will be this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose85 View Post
    I think the key to any Minnesota success will be defense, and I think Thibs will have them well positioned. The West is brutal, but I think they can make some noise as they can defend elite players.

That is the one flaw I saw with Boston. To make the NBA finals they will likely need to get past Cleveland, yet the player best positioned to try and defend Lebron was Crowder, and now he is with Cleveland. Not sure how good of a defensive team against elite offensive players Boston will be this season.
    That probably looks like a team effort between Hayward, Jaylen...and a Brad Stevens coached team likes to give you different looks..... Marcus Smart and Morris will get Lebron as well.