Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: National anthem

LOL. Thanks Brew. As I said Reptile, all you have to do is look. Not hard.

So you can continue to be ignorant and bathe in your Fox News talking points, or you can open your eyes and see that many players are indeed "living the cause." Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Being active in the community isn't something that is usually on the news. People don't want that stuff on their news. Sure, they all say they want to see good news reported, but it's a lie. People turn in for the bad news. That's why that stuff leads the newscast, that's why major crime and disaster stories lead the news for days and weeks on end. Because if it's all good news, people don't bother to tune in. Anyway, here's a few local stories from the off-season:

So that's about 15-20 minutes of me looking around. I'm not going to do research all day for you, but this is the tip of the iceberg. There are stories from players on every NFL team if you take the time to find them. These guys are out in their communities, are working with children, the police, and politicians, are donating money to help with hurricane cleanup, they are doing a lot.
    Thanks for that research. I don't doubt there are some really quality human beings in the NFL that are really trying to make a difference. My question would be: Were any of these guys taking a knee? Again, almost impossible to research that. Don't think anyone could deny that many of the kneelers aren't doing anything to advance the cause outside of their demonstration in front of a camera.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    LOL. Thanks Brew. As I said Reptile, all you have to do is look. Not hard.

So you can continue to be ignorant and bathe in your Fox News talking points, or you can open your eyes and see that many players are indeed "living the cause." Your choice.
    I suspect truth is somewhere in between all of this. Your position fails you with your talking points comment. You are not walking the high ground. Life is not all that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    I suspect truth is somewhere in between all of this.
    Which I acknowledged up above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    Your position fails you with your talking points comment. You are not walking the high ground.
    Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Thanks for that research. I don't doubt there are some really quality human beings in the NFL that are really trying to make a difference. My question would be: Were any of these guys taking a knee? Again, almost impossible to research that. Don't think anyone could deny that many of the kneelers aren't doing anything to advance the cause outside of their demonstration in front of a camera.
    Every one of those guys is taking the knee. I used them specifically as examples of that. But I'm not going to spend my day looking up all 200 guys that (Edit) herosports.com listed.

https://herosports.com/nfl/list-of-p...al-anthem-a7a7
    Last edited by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"; 10-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.

Oh well...[/QUOTE]
    Lol

Maybe after 11 pages it might be time to move on? Seems like most of the players are.....https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/sta...40688003526656

Just a thought

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011