Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: National anthem

After seeing the police video of Michael Bennett in Las Vegas, I don't care what he's doing in his community. He is an absolute p.o.s. Runs from the scene. Whines and cries like a little bitch. Lies about everything. Racially profiled by two Hispanic and one African-American officer? Right. He's making everyone that is legitimately trying to create a better environment have to work much harder to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    As I said many of them do a lot "if you simply bother to look." Apparently you haven't and you won't. That's as weak as you are accusing these guys of being.
    I read the news. Clearly, if they were that active it would be newsworthy. Clearly, it’s not even in today’s political climate and 24 hour news cycles. Sorry, that I’m seeking this information our up to your standards I truly have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    I read the news. Clearly, if they were that active it would be newsworthy. Clearly, it’s not even in today’s political climate and 24 hour news cycles. Sorry, that I’m seeking this information our up to your standards I truly have better things to do.
    So you have time to make accusations but not time to make sure they are accurate?

Even weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    After seeing the police video of Michael Bennett in Las Vegas, I don't care what he's doing in his community. He is an absolute p.o.s. Runs from the scene. Whines and cries like a little bitch. Lies about everything. Racially profiled by two Hispanic and one African-American officer? Right. He's making everyone that is legitimately trying to create a better environment have to work much harder to do so.

Not saying you are wrong by any means, but the race of the officers are irrelevant when it comes to racial profiling.

So you have time to make accusations but not time to make sure they are accurate?

Even weaker.
    Weak is when someone changes the conversation because his proof isn’t good enough. Burden of proof isn’t on me it’s on you. I read and watched the news all off season and didn’t see any examples of what you claim. You gave two links and only one for an active player. If reality supports your claim you’d have more links of NFL players active in ‘The Cause’ during the last 9 months. Clearly, it doesn’t.

Weak is when someone changes the conversation because his proof isn’t good enough. Burden of proof isn’t on me it’s on you.
    You were the one who made the initial assertion they don't do anything. I didn't change the conversation one bit. I showed players that do something, and you responded with "I read the news."

Look, just face it, you are just repeating lines you have heard elsewhere.

Martellus Bennett is very involved off the field.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...dventure-park/

Haha Clinton-Dix interned with a local law enforcement agency. I think there's a lot of player stuff doing great things. They may not all have the self-promotion of JJ Watt, but they are out there.
    The artist formerly known as cheebs09

You were the one who made the initial assertion they don't do anything. I didn't change the conversation one bit. I showed players that do something, and you responded with "I read the news."

Look, just face it, you are just repeating lines you have heard elsewhere.
    No, your assertion was many of these guys are doing tons of stuff in their communities and had only one example which may constitute tons in your mind but a rational person requires more proof. The truth is these guys are not living the cause.

My assertion was they did nothing in the offseason - no protests, no arrests for protesting, no community organizing, no editorials, no appearance on the Sunday talk shows. They did their off season workouts and got ready for the season - which is fine since it’s their jobs. But to come out again this season and protest after a 9 month hiatus is disingenuous.

So, feel free to continue to dodge the fact that you have no proof and you can’t walk the talk and I’ll wait for your next post void of any evidence, full of cute one liners designed to deflect attention away from your impotence and claims that I’m just not getting it.

Weak is when someone changes the conversation because his proof isn’t good enough. Burden of proof isn’t on me it’s on you. I read and watched the news all off season and didn’t see any examples of what you claim. You gave two links and only one for an active player. If reality supports your claim you’d have more links of NFL players active in ‘The Cause’ during the last 9 months. Clearly, it doesn’t.
    Being active in the community isn't something that is usually on the news. People don't want that stuff on their news. Sure, they all say they want to see good news reported, but it's a lie. People turn in for the bad news. That's why that stuff leads the newscast, that's why major crime and disaster stories lead the news for days and weeks on end. Because if it's all good news, people don't bother to tune in. Anyway, here's a few local stories from the off-season:

So that's about 15-20 minutes of me looking around. I'm not going to do research all day for you, but this is the tip of the iceberg. There are stories from players on every NFL team if you take the time to find them. These guys are out in their communities, are working with children, the police, and politicians, are donating money to help with hurricane cleanup, they are doing a lot.

If your rational mind requires more proof, go look for it. It's out there. Just because this stuff doesn't make it to the evening news doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast