Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: National anthem

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    Wow. That's sad.

You called it a "right." I support anybody's right to do anything. I support the player's "right" to kneel. I support the fan's "right" to boo.

I hope it continues because it shows how hypocritical our society can be. "Yeah we support freedom, but please don't make us feel bad or uncomfortable when you exercise that freedom."
    The league never has until this latest stuff either. You got fined for expressing any personal or political statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77" View Post
    Our military fought for the right to peaceful protest. You call peaceful protest disrespectful.
    I'm fine with peaceful protest. The style they are doing it is disrespectful.
    March Madness starts in November

Quote Originally Posted by MU/Panther View Post

In your opinion. In my opinion it is fine, in fact I think it is really what America is about and what it stands for.

A couple of thoughts.
    Really though, many folks see this as a workplace issue. Most cannot protest in their work place.

Kneeling is a better option than those who have chosen to sit on the bench.

Ultimately, it is up to the owners to strike a balance between their customers (the fans) and their employees (the players). Trump, IMO gave it more attention than it is really worth, although, did he do everyone a favor by forcing the conversation to a higher level?

What "style" would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    What "style" would you prefer?
    Not during the Star-Spangled Banner that's for sure. Give some of their paycheck to re-build these area's. Go to the schools. Talk about staying out of gang life. Talk about the getting your education and not doing drugs. Not making babies out of wedlock.
    Last edited by MU/Panther; 09-29-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Not during the Star-Spangled Banner that's for sure. Give some of their paycheck to re-build these area's. Go to the schools. Talk about staying out of gang life. Talk about the getting your education and not doing drugs. Not making babies out of wedlock.
    That's not peaceful protest, rather proactive involvement (which is fine and should happen anyway). The question was what style of peaceful protest.....?

Where were the protests by these guys during the off-season? They’ve had 9 months from the time the last regular season ended and this one began. Yet, none of these so-called protestors used the offseason to say anything or do anything. So, why now? It comes off as a bunch of millionaire millennials looking for attention.

Time to grow up. The NFL was where men played the game. Not seeing many men taking the field these days. If I wanted to watch boys play football I’ll start tuning in on Saturdays. I will say that the kids taking the field on Fridays show more class and maturity than the ‘professionals’ in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Reptile View Post
    Where were the protests by these guys during the off-season? They’ve had 9 months from the time the last regular season ended and this one began. Yet, none of these so-called protestors used the offseason to say anything or do anything. So, why now? It comes off as a bunch of millionaire millennials looking for attention.

Time to grow up. The NFL was where men played the game. Not seeing many men taking the field these days. If I wanted to watch boys play football I’ll start tuning in on Saturdays. I will say that the kids taking the field on Fridays show more class and maturity than the ‘professionals’ in the NFL.

So by your definition: "Men are people who entertain me without bothering me with their opinions." To me, men are people who stand up for what they believe in regardless of the consequences.

And people really have to stop with the "do something important" narrative. Many of these guys do a ton of work in their communities, a lot of which is done without publicity.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast