Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring Back WISAA?

If this is only for basketball, you are creating a bigger problem than when you are solving. According to this, 2 of the final 4 D-3 teams from last year (Prescott and Lake Mills) will be dropped to D-4. Great. So, instead of losing the D-4 game to Destiny, Darlington and Cameron can lose to Prescott and Lake Mills. This plan pushes roughly 60 D-3 schools in to D-4, including 2 of the D-3 final four, while bumping up schools like University Lake which went 2-21 last year to D-3. Further, the plan actually pushs Lakeside Lutheran and Prairie du Chien from D-3 to D-4. Yes, the same school that coach at Prairie du Chien complains about in the article. I wonder how it will survive a court challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post
    If this is only for basketball, you are creating a bigger problem than when you are solving. According to this, 2 of the final 4 D-3 teams from last year (Prescott and Lake Mills) will be dropped to D-4. Great. So, instead of losing the D-4 game to Destiny, Darlington and Cameron can lose to Prescott and Lake Mills. This plan pushes roughly 60 D-3 schools in to D-4, including 2 of the D-3 final four, while bumping up schools like University Lake which went 2-21 last year to D-3. Further, the plan actually pushs Lakeside Lutheran and Prairie du Chien from D-3 to D-4. Yes, the same school that coach at Prairie du Chien complains about in the article. I wonder how it will survive a court challenge.
    Excellent points.

The plan, as it stands today, is just for basketball.

The Prescott situation brings up another point. Border schools in western Wisconsin like Prescott, Ellsworth, Baldwin-Woodville, Amery and Somerset are close enough to the Twin Cities to get some of that training influence and they are now in Division 4. They may not be considered urban for Wisconsin purposes, but have an urban influence as many of the parents in these areas commute to the Twin Cities for jobs.

This whole thing has become a bad joke.

Quote Originally Posted by MU88 View Post

These are great points. I am not sure about a lawsuit though. The WIAA is a membership organization is acting according to its bylaws.

I did wonder if Lakeside Lutheran would be considered rural or suburban.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    These are great points. I am not sure about a lawsuit though. The WIAA is a membership organization is acting according to its bylaws.

I did wonder if Lakeside Lutheran would be considered rural or suburban.
    I would think the legal arguments would be based upon the amended rules violating certain clauses of the WIAA constitution, namely, to provide for fair and equal opportunities for all participants; and to promote uniformity of standards in interscholastic activities.

According to article, LL is a rural school.

For me, this proposal can be summed up in one word: stoopid. Or maybe "dum" would be a better choice.

But as my mother continued telling me as I was growing up, unfortunately there is no Ministry of Logic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12