Thread: Bring Back WISAA?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Open enrollment complicates matters and I think I've posted this about a girl from my old school district.

- She goes to school from K-8 at a Division 3 school district and basically lives within a short walk of the high school.

- She open enrolls at a neighboring Division 3 high school (28 miles from home) as a freshman because of her connection to some girls from an AAU program. She participates in 2 state tournaments in both basketball and golf as a freshman and sophomore.

- Last spring she and her parents feel it would be better if she attends a 3rd school, a Division 5 basketball power, to finish out her high school career. This school also has players from her AAU team and one of the parents is her AAU coach. This will now require a 41 mile drive one way and she drives through 3 additional school districts on her way to school each day. The best part is that this new school has no golf team and her father actually called the golf coach from her original school to ask if she would be eligible to play golf for them. He wants to know if she can play for a school that has to shell out $7,000-$8,000 or more so their daughter can open enroll at another school?
    Last edited by TedBaxter; 09-04-2017 at 12:41 PM.