Thread: Eastern Conference Rankings (early)

Eastern Conference Rankings (early)

http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-nba...lwaukee-bucks/

Sam Amico is certainly bullish on the Bucks, has them #2 in the East. The East has taken a bit of a hit: Butler, George and Millsap all going from the East to the West. James and Irving no longer a tandem. Toronto lost some of their depth (Demarre Carroll and PJ Tucker). Boston picks up Hayward and Irving, but has lost Thomas, Bradley and Crowder.

A lot is going to depend on the improvement of Maker, Brogdon, a healthy Middleton for an entire season and what Parker can provide upon his return in February. Nevertheless, it is exciting to see the Bucks in the discussion for top teams in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by MUFAN2003 View Post
    http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-nba...lwaukee-bucks/

Sam Amico is certainly bullish on the Bucks, has them #2 in the East. The East has taken a bit of a hit: Butler, George and Millsap all going from the East to the West. James and Irving no longer a tandem. Toronto lost some of their depth (Demarre Carroll and PJ Tucker). Boston picks up Hayward and Irving, but has lost Thomas, Bradley and Crowder.

A lot is going to depend on the improvement of Maker, Brogdon, a healthy Middleton for an entire season and what Parker can provide upon his return in February. Nevertheless, it is exciting to see the Bucks in the discussion for top teams in the East.
    When the Celtics traded Crowder to the Cavs, my first thought was who on the Celtics is going to try to cover Lebron now? Gordon Hayward? Tatum?

Maker is going to be a key, if he can take significant improvement strides, and Giannis improves that outside shot a bit, we could be dangerous. Getting Parker back for the stretch run won't hurt either.

No way are we going to be #2, in my opinion the top of the East looks like this:

1. Cleveland (until someone stops Lebron from making the finals they will be here)
    2. Boston
    3. Washington
    4. Toronto
    5. Milwaukee

We are close to Toronto, but not quite there yet. We need another star to pair with Giannis.
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    No way are we going to be #2, in my opinion the top of the East looks like this:

1. Cleveland (until someone stops Lebron from making the finals they will be here)
    2. Boston
    3. Washington
    4. Toronto
    5. Milwaukee

We are close to Toronto, but not quite there yet. We need another star to pair with Giannis.
    Agreed, Cleveland/Boston are locks for the top 2 spots. The next tier, Washington, Toronto about right, Toronto did lose the front court support and another year of Porter-Wall-Beal, they only get better. Giannis is MVP if we're a top 2 eastern team. 5 is about right.

Obviously injuries can shake all of this up, like if Lebron, Kyrie, Wall, Derozen, or Giannis gets hurt it changes everything for those teams. I think at this point Boston is most able to lose a star and keep a high level of play.

I don't think any Eastern Conference team will be as good as Cleveland was the past 3 years with LeBron/Irving/Love together. Washington has a fantastic backcourt (Wall/Beal) but their frontcourt leaves a lot to be desired. Toronto lost a lot of depth (Carroll, Patterson, Tucker). Irving and Hayward are All-Stars but average defenders at best. Boston is going to miss the defensive toughness of Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley.

I think a reasonable goal for Bucks fans is to hope for home-court advantage in the first round of the playoffs. The 4th seed gets you that and should be a realistic possibility (barring major injuries).

For me the goal for the Bucks is to win a playoff series... take the next step. Seed is less important to me, but I want to see them get beyond the opening round and be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by MKE_GoldenEagleFan View Post
    For me the goal for the Bucks is to win a playoff series... take the next step. Seed is less important to me, but I want to see them get beyond the opening round and be competitive.
    I definitely agree with that. 2001 was the last time the Bucks won a playoff series. Home-court advantage in the first round would go a long way towards achieving that.